The Valve Museum - Your help is needed!

I have decided to make a museum, containing little sets to show a little bit of every game. At this moment, these are all floor areas or areas on the second floor. Older Valve games will take place on the first floor, which I hope to get to in a few weeks.

So far, in the main room I’ve gotten the rails, stairs, and some pillar-like things up. My favorite thing so far is the stairs, which actually only took a few minutes to make split like that.
[IMG_THUMB]http://i51.tinypic.com/2m5ytdx.png[/IMG_THUMB]

Reserved sets are for users with past mapping experience which have proof of it. They are for more of key areas in the museum.

As far as the roof on the museum goes, and the textures I decide to use, those will be decided towards the end, so I know what will fit all of the areas correctly, and since I won’t know the height of the roof until I see your display area.

The ride is going to be completely Half-Life based, in an underground part of the museum. Please note, the ride is going to take place in trams like the ones at Black Mesa.

[IMG_THUMB]http://i53.tinypic.com/fuygz4.png[/IMG_THUMB]

Things you should know about the sets:
Height can be no taller than 256, but I prefer it at 128 if possible. Unless posted otherwise.
You can use your own lighting within the space of your set, if you choose not to, I will choose it.
If you’d like the lighting dimmed around your set, if it’s darker themed, just tell me.
It must stick to the theme of your area.
You can use up to 10MB of custom content. (Figuring if everything used the full 10MB, it would be about 500MB in custom content, so lets try not to do that.)

Sets Open:
Miscellaneous
01 - (128 x 128) Valve related, small display case.
02 - (128 x 128) Valve related, small display case.
A3 - (256 x 256) Valve related, medium display area.

Team Fortress 2
TF1 & TF2 - (192 x 256 and 192 x 256) Entrance to Team Fortress 2 area, both must be made by same person, and is a Reserved Set. If requesting to use this set, please post proof from past maps.
TF3 - (Corner, 256 x 512, and 192 x 192 combined) Team Fortress 2 related.
TF4 - (512 x 256) Team Fortress 2 related.
TF5 - (448 x 704) Team Fortress 2 related. Reserved Set, if requesting to use this set, please post proof from past maps.
TF6 - (320 x 576) Team Fortress 2 related.
TF7 - (256 x 256) Team Fortress 2 related.
TF8 - (256 x 256) Team Fortress 2 related.
TF9 - (384 x 384) Team Fortress 2 related.

Half-Life Ride Entrance
HL1 - (512 x 192) Half-Life 2 Ride Based
HL2 - (512 x 128) Half-Life 2 Ride Based
HL3 - (192 x 192) Half-Life 2 Ride Based
HL4 - (192 x 192) Half-Life 2 Ride Based

Ride
R1 - (768 x 512) Main entry to Black Mesa/Half-Life 2 based ride. Reserved set.
R2 - (384 x 448) Half-Life 2 based area.
R3 - (384 x 496) Half-Life 2 based area.
R4 - (384 x 416) Half-Life 2 based area.
R5 - (Undefined) I am not sure if I will be expanding this, I’ll decide soon.
R6 - (Undefined) I am not sure if I will be expanding this, I’ll decide soon.
R7 - (Undefined) I am not sure if I will be expanding this, I’ll decide soon.
R8 - (576 x 776) Half-Life 2 based area.
R9 - (1856 x 1400) Must be based off of the side of Black Mesa. This set can exceed the 256 height limit to 1024. This is a reserved set.

Left 4 Dead (1 and 2)
This part of the museum may be expanded, as soon as it is a positive area, I will open the slots. You can post if you’d like to have first pick when I open these slots.

Counter-Strike: Source & Day Of Defeat: Source
This part of the museum may be expanded, as soon as it is a positive area, I will open the slots. You can post if you’d like to have first pick when I open these slots.

Portal
P1 & P2 - (192 x 256 and 192 x 256) Entrance to Portal area, both must be made by same person, and is a Reserved Set.
P3 - (384 x 256) Portal based area.
P5 - (256 x 256) Portal based area.
P6 - (256 x 256) Portal based area.
P7 - (Corner, 256 x 384 and 128 x 256) Portal based area.
P8 - (256 x 576) Portal based area.
P9 - (Corner, 448 x 256 and 320 x 384) Portal based area.

Sets Taken:
A1 - (256 x 576) Best4Bond
L1 - hawx
P4 - thedarkknight7
R10 - Taken by Me (Reactor). I personally don’t want to take one of them, but I have a great idea for this area.

Any questions? Just PM me and I’ll get back to you ASAP. Any urgent questions? E-Mail me at ggreactor@gmail.com to get ahold of me at nearly any time.

It’s a good idea and all but I don’t really like the layout

Yeah, that’d why I’m changing a lot of the right side, I think as far as size goes that side’s too small, I like the size of the Team Fortress 2 area. I want to add a hallway on the right side or something, if that would make the layout any better.

[editline]10:19PM[/editline]
I’m off to bed, if someone would like to make changes to the layout in paint, I could always try to work with that and get something that works.

I will take L1 for L4D2.

Wasn’t there going to be a Facepunch museum?

Facepunch art museum would be awesome, seeing people’s poorly made MS Paint drawings everywhere

There was going to be a source museum.

Awesome idea.

I would like to make one about the Source Phys engine, If im allowed i would like it in A3 or R8, Depending on what you think it would be better in.

Still workin’ on it. I’ve just been busy lately. Crashed my scooter due to a loose tile in the road surface. Sued the city I was in to get it fixed. The whole case is taking a lot of time.

Getting my scooter back on thursday/friday now though. :buddy:

Alright, that area will actually be expanding a bit soon, so you’ll maybe have more or less room to work with, most likely more. I’ll try to have all of the Left 4 Dead area changed around by later tonight.

A3 would be better if you’re going to make it need to be toggled by someone pressing a button or something. R8 may be if it’ll be Half-Life related.

I was curious about that, I didn’t steal an idea of yours or something, did I? I thought yours was for showing the power of Source, so I assumed making this one based on games would be okay.

You need a title.

‘Crash scooters on loose tiles; sue city.’

Suing cities over loose tiles since 2010

I’ll reserve P4 for now

Alright, you can work on it at anytime that you wish. Just keep it Portal related.

Any update on the L4D/2 Section?

I think I’m going to be keeping it like that. Maybe finding a way to expand L2. I’ll give you the size of the area when I can get Steam up, it’s going pathetically slow for some reason.

Alright, My steam is conn08. Feel free to add.

What are you looking for in the Portal ones? Reacreations of levels from the game, stuff in the style of etc.?

@Hawx
Alright! Will do as soon as it speeds up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Several minutes later, after attempting to sign in for half an hour (well, I started it before I took a shower) it’s finally on. Now I have no connection to my friends. Yet Left 4 Dead 2 can download at 300kb/s v.v Steam’s very odd today.

@thedarkknight7
Kind of just things to show the theme of the game. Maybe like, showing a different view of a testing area, and things like that. Pretty much, I want the full areas to be able to explain what the game is like, so people that haven’t played it could understand it.

I believe I planned to do this a long…long time ago and then I quit because it was getting really stupid.