There are some reasonable expectations

POSITIVES: I spent 13 hrs enjoying the construction of a base with a couple friends and felt it was a great combination of teamwork and trust building approaches. lots of naked people running around with their bits and pieces floppin around is incentive as any to give them clothing lol
i really appreciated the ease of base building. i haven’t had any issues with things sitting properly( and just so you guys know-You can build an impenetrable wooden house ;D ) but more-so is when your finished it has a very "RUST"ic feel to them. reminds me of my cottage.
There should be a GARRYsquatch implemented that only shows up at night an scares people with EFFECT noises, not music noises. that way those that have their music off(me) to hear better cant ignore hearing a groan that sounds in human from right outside their front door
the player versus player servers are the most frustrating, i would hope in the future there would be a level(leveling system) of acquisition that doesn’t allow the nekkids(fresh spawns) to be destroyed by someone with a gun.

BUT WITH THAT SAID I HAVE MY ISSUES WITH IT: See Below

How can one continue to help out the development of this game, when simple mechanics that should already be pre-exsistant are not in place. Where is the incentive to continue to play? I get absolutely frustrated(and justifiably so ) when i spend more than 13 hrs putting something together only to log on and not have the server available or to have constant boots when i am in game. If you cant handle the load , don’t publish more damn keys. Thats like knowing your dealing with a spastic and you still give them keys to your car for an evening- SHITS GONNA GO DOWN!- and then your left with angry voice mails about how irresponsible it was and the grief youve caused others. stepping back and saying “Its just a game” doesn’t cover it. You want us and future people to buy and play with your toys- offer one that doesnt break when u play with it. but if you want us to help DEVELOP a game FOR YOU then close public access or have a screening system in place using your already established network of trusted people. your Dutch auction is a cool idea but unlike kick-starter you haven’t offered incentives(getting the game is what i paid for right?),if i spend 40$ on something i would at least appreciate a Tylenol or a bottle of wine(i just emptied mine typing here).

now i am completley open to the fact that maybe i sound like an Butthole or however this gets interpreted, but the point im trying to make is there and its said with alot more understanding than the average arsehole that rants about something they had complete control over and didnt use their head in the situatuation and lost it all and came here to scream at the world that Garry let them down because they didnt start off with a knife to fight the guy with the rock in the begining. I was trying to be critical and provide the real world mindset of people playing while still being understanding.

I look forward to the continued development of this project and hope that in the near future your game will gain even more popularity than that lil thing called GMOD :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

P.s congrats on your newest family installment, i hear that the patches between 13 and 18 can be a bit frustrating but you will see the greatest game developed right before your eyes over those years :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13Hrs is nothing believe me.
You need to persever and put out some hard work
and once you get used to it you won’t be even thinking like this.
And sorry but the leveling system is crap.
I guess you missed the point of the game.

Cheers!

Its totally cool to give ideas for the future of the game but when people come in here complaining about an “alpha” not acting like a finished product and demanding more its REALLY confusing to me. Everyone knows full well you are in the “ALPHA STAGE TESTING” part of this game. There will be a LOT of problems, there will be a LOT of server wipes, there will be a LOT of people losing stuff for no reason thru either bugs or exploits, the game WILL lack substance, there will be LOTS of servers going down with no notice.

The point being you, me and everyone else who bought the game off the promise of “this gets you in the alpha, beta and final product release” has been met so far. There is nothing these people owe you but the game AS IS with access to alpha, beta and the final release.

As said before you are welcome to your ideas and I am sure they are always wanting feedback but this kind of cry baby stuff your spouting off about during a testing phase of the game is just fucking silly.

I am one of the people effected by the new patch and I crash every 10 seconds in the gaming making the game not able to be played by me today but I understand that problems will come up and thats why I am here, to test these problems and try to help the people making this game get it right.

When you go to order a cake do you scream at the baker cause its not finished during the batter mixing phase? Cause that is just about what you are doing here.

You as everyone else here are along for the ride and you can either see where your 40 dollars takes you in the future or cry and stomp your feet about the alpha testing phase not being up to your released game standards.

I do agree with the server load, it seemed that when the American servers were going up / down masses of people ended up joining at once onto the EU Servers which could possibly have been causing the yoyo effect yesterday that we saw. EU1 went down, they joined EU2 which went down as EU1 came back up and so on.

I could be wrong, but hopefully they’ll take away something from last night and make improvements. If the servers can’t handle the load then yes I don’t think they should be publishing more keys unless they have a plan to counteract it.

Was your post needed? I`m well aware of what limited functionality ALPHA stages have. I am not new to this(not that i even need to feed you with that info).

The comment`s i left make sense, im sorry YOU feel otherwise. The point of the ALPHA is to test and get feedback. I provided feedback and suggestions.

If YOUR hung up on my comment about how I believe there should be more components in place, thats MY opinion. To have an OPEN PUBLIC APLHA there should have been more bricks in the foundation before launching it to the world IMO.

The simple popularity of this game from word of mouth proves that people want this game and they want it now. By giving ANY PERSON access to this stage of ALPHA your going to clog the pores of development IMO. The world is flooded with idiots that are not providing feedback period. Testing server load is less important than testing game development IMO.

The game is being Co-Developed by people like myself and others that bought it. Why point out the obvious.

I hope your comments werent fueled by the fact i paid 40$ instead of 250$. Cause that would nt have a saddle to sit on let alone a horse to ride.
my statement was about offering more than what it is due to the reoccurring frustrations(based around my original statement of having more bricks in place). They in the end get paid to do their work and in the end why not a lil compensation for having to pay to play so they get paid and we wait. Maybe the mistake i made was not being more specific- HOW ABOUT A SET OF CLOTHES THAT SAY DEVELOPER ON THEM. Ill assume you thought i had been referencing some mountain of goodies and expectations but not at all. I hope your comments werent fueled by the fact i paid 40$ instead of 250$. Cause that would n`t have a saddle to sit on let alone a horse to ride.

As far as your “Cry-baby” comment is concerned , Your literally coming on here to tell me what? That you disagree with my opinions but feel its totally cool to have them but still think theyre "fucking silly" and that by having any opinion that ive posted makes me a “cry-baby”? or am i just that dunce? Did you misconstrue my comment " however this gets interpreted,…the point im trying to make is there and its said with alot more understanding than the average arsehole that rants about something they had complete control over and didnt use their head in the situatuation and lost it all and came here to scream at the world that Garry let them down because they didnt start off with a knife to fight the guy with the rock in the begining"?
Because as far as i can see that all made sense but i`ll try it again- I compared myself to the average arsehole who complains about not having something THEY think they deserve but provides no USEFUL feedback. Again feel free to disagree, but thats not helping anyone.

When a customer BUYs a cake "There are some reasonable expectations", if im a baker making the cake ive got to wait until its done before the customer can BUY IT.
If i stand in line and tell other customers that their opinions of expectations makes them sound like a cry baby and there just fucking silly for having said them, that would make me you. dont be a you. be helpful. even if it sounds “Fucking silly” . and the capper, do you know what your last comment even meant? your rather counter productive i must say “You as everyone else here are along for the ride and you can either see where your 40 dollars takes you in the future or cry and stomp your feet about the alpha testing phase not being up to your released game standards.” SO thanks for summarizing that you didnt need to say anything at all but still wanted to be a bit of a dick ** Room fills with applause as a certain Dennis Leary song plays in the background as you walk off stage**

Enjoy Your Burrito, dude!

I agree with some of what you said. I don’t think they should be selling any keys at all right now, and be working on getting a better server.
Might I suggest an area with Google fiber? Better yet, host it in Canada.
Good Canadian server hosts usually average around 60 ping in the North and South Americas, and 140 globally.