Things I'd really like to see in future (hopefully soon) Rust updates

1. ***Metal Tipped Arrows ***- This would be a good way to combat the raiders/griefers who MASS produce ak’s and bolts. It would be a little heavier, so it’s range/arc would be in-between the wood and high velocity, but the damage would be more. Would also have a higher percentage to add a bleed. To offset this, these would be the most expensive to make.

2. Coup De Grace - If you manage to sneak up on someone, and I mean really sneak up on someone from behind (nutt to butt) you should be able to instantly incapacitate someone with a jab/thrust/stab to the next or whatnot. I see how lag would play in as a major con to this idea, but would be nice to see if the devs could work something out.

3. New build items - Trapdoors, being able to rig a trap to a door or chest

4. Trophy Mounting - Probably the easiest of my suggestions, but make skulls (human/wolf/ect) mountable to a spear or pike you place on the ground. Would be treated like the signs so you could set it up to where someone could either run up and take it, or lock it to just you being able to interact with it. I’d also want to see some sort of armor mounting system at some point. Think “armor rack” or “armor case”

5. Tents - Yes, tents. They would cost 200 cloth or so, and 250 wood (+/-) fuel for the light. When dropped it would make a small single person tent, with a toggleable small light, and a small wooden chest inside of it including a sleeping bag. Yes it’s more expensive, and it would also have to be set a little farther way from a building blocked area to make it a little more “fair” Also, it would technically be big enough to crouch walk in to, and you should have the option to zip/unzip (open/close) the entrance.

6. Crawl - A few seconds after being incapacitated, you should be able to slowly crawl away in any direction of your choosing unless otherwise impaired (i.e. you fell on a beartrap/ spikes ect) BUT you would have to stop every 10 seconds or so to rest before moving again. This way if you get shot out in the open you might be able to crawl into a bush and hide from bandits. Or something.

7. Character "Re-Roll" - I know the Dev’s standpoint on changing how your character looks, but what about the option to randomly “Re-Roll” your characters skin color, type, and eventually gender when it’s released once or twice a month? Theoretically you could still wind up looking exactly the same as you did…but maybe not.

8. Bury Items/Bodies - I would like to see a shovel implemented in-game, and the option to dig a small hole where you could place a chest, or an item, or even body that you could bury and come back to later if you remember where you buried it. The only indicator would be a small “alert” when you are within 10 meters or so and have your shovel out and the ground where it’s buried would appear to have been recently disturbed. (think a patch of grass missing under a tree or a darker patch or dirt or a slightly raised mound on an open field)

9. Drag bodies/certain items - Similar to 6, being able to drag a body around a corner, or into a crevice would come in handy. Or dragging a fallen ally during a firefight to cover if you didn’t have enough time to pick him up

Thoughts? Comments? Anything to add?

A lot of these have been suggested before and with positive feedback. I do like the idea of hidden stashes we can hide and the crawl option. I am on board with all of these myself!

1. Coup De Grace - If you manage to sneak up on someone, and I mean really sneak up on someone from behind (nutt to butt) you should be able to instantly incapacitate someone with a jab/thrust/stab to the next or whatnot. I see how lag would play in as a major con to this idea, but would be nice to see if the devs could work something out.

This one would bring a lot of Problems if you ask me Imagine every Naked has the Ability to nearly one shot you while an fire fight if a naked hits you with a hatchet or something it does A LOT of Damage but an get killed animation or nearly down kinda seems very OP to me.

I would be more like that knifes get the ability to do more damage from behind like 20%-30%
like an Passive Perk

youre other additions have been suggested a lot of times before and im mostly with those

1. i’d also like to be able to do a Commando Roll…

2. This would be ideal if every time you died you gained a new character(new skin color, new face, new gender). This way if you found one you like you’d try to keep them alive as long as possible.

I like most of the ideas besides the re-roll. Re-roll shouldn’t happen unless it is like only once a year and it is everybody.

Also, Can we get a cancel refresh button on the servers tab. Sometimes I have populated the list enough for myself to start searching for a server I want but have to wait for full list to come in before scrolling.

Once a year on Garry’s Birthday.

I like all these suggestions!

Assassinations should be limited to certain weapons like knives and the actual animation should be long enough for someone else to save their friend in case this happens. It also shouldn’t work on people with riot helmet or bucket. But yeah lag would make this feature really irritating.

fishing and fish traps/nets.

I agree with this yet at the same time I really like that in Legacy if you were smart enough and skilled enough you could take out a full geared guy with low-cost weapons with 2-3 shots (pickaxe/bow). I miss that in the New Rust, you HAVE to grind to get gear and you can’t get it by luck/good skill over the geared guy.

It was one of the major things I enjoyed about Legacy, not having to grind if you’re skilled/smart enough. It really rewards you for getting good at the game because the better you get the less boring/grindy the game has to be for you. You get better by playing a lot and grinding gets more boring the longer you do it so this seems like a perfect transition to keep players playing.

Thats not it, I can easily take down a full geared guy in the new rust if he`s offguard or dont knows my Position, killed a lot of geared guys with a bow recently.

The fact is everything can take you down easily and you farm so much. Which is okay. but an Insta Kill nope no place in rust for that stuff