Things I'd really like to see in Rust!

• Now that the devs are working on procedural maps, they should find a way of getting rivers into the game.
  • Snow at altitude?
  • Utilizing SpeedTree in Unity 5 to improve forests.
  • Swimming and Spear Fishing?
  • Birds
  • Tripwire
  • Sandbags
  • Wall mountings for torches.
  • Caves!
  • Weather such as rain, snow, fog, dust storms and especially heavy thunderstorms and wind for extra immersion!
  • Traps
  • Cages
  • Removal of all modern guns (I know they are planning to do this anyway.)
  • Obviously more complex building components such as balconies, rails, or garrison/bunker type windows.
  • Rope ladders.
  • Throw-able spears.
  • More exploitation of Unity’s built in physics engine (for the use of traps for example).
  • The ability to spread gun power or fuel on the ground and ignite it for a period of time.
  • Assuming forests are improved, then the ability to start a bush fire / forest fire.
  • Hunting knife
  • More realistic and challenging wildlife (in the context of hunting).
  • Proper stars. Especially given the lack of light sources, the night sky in-game resembles nothing remotely real. No Galactic core or Magalenic Clouds visible :(.
  • Character customization and genders.
  • Dehydration
  • Ability to create a well for water collection? (Perhaps these could be open for poisoning.)
  • I know that stone structures are being worked on which is nice.
  • Some optical magnification items such as binoculars or crude glass/crystal lens combination.
  • Ability to paint on rocks or structures with blood or natural earth pigments such as ochre.

I’m with you on most of this. I’ve wanted a crude spyglass and paint for a while now.

Maybe in other game or other time. Now this game has updates like new sky or better color tree…

nice list! check out the kickstarter project “THe Survival Games” Rust needs to consider them competition and this list would provide the devs great ideas