Thinking about getting the game, but worried about performance! [RUST]

Hello, I was wondering if you guys can give me some advice, whether or not I should get Rust. I am a bit worried about what performance I would be getting if I decided to pay the whole £15 for the game. I don’t really want to be paying quite a bit of money, only to not be able to play it! I will show my laptop’s specifications below.

Windows 7 (64 bit)
3GB RAM
Intel® HD Graphics Family ( I know it’s bad :frowning: )
Intel® Celeron® CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz
300GB HDD

Thanks! ( I am also OK with the laughs of my terrible laptop! :slight_smile: )

While you should be able to run it, the game doesn’t like to run properly at all. You can only hope and pray that proper optimizations are coming.

Not happening. Don’t buy Rust until you have a new computer.

Also, we have a thread for this: http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1334691

http://www.facepunch.com/fp/report.png

Sorry, Its highly unlikely you’ll be able to run Rust properly with a built in graphics card. Once you get a new computer, buy it. One of my favorite games

Windows 7 (64 bit) Pass
3GB RAM Fail
Intel® HD Graphics Family ( I know it’s bad :frowning: ) Fail
Intel® Celeron® CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz Fail
300GB HDD Pass

You won’t even be able to join a server with these specs.

Wrong.

Lol, I have 3 GB of Ram and can crysis 1-3 on max with a solid 30 fps

Crysis 3 does not have 100+ slot servers. Rust official specs:

dont you will get around 10 - 5 fps

is vague. provide the SPECIFIC name

There is no need for the specific name. The HD Graphic is integrated into the CPU, and if the CPU does not meet the requirements… then forget about its integrated graphics meeting the requirements.

the CPU scores 1293 on cpu mark. It is far more than capable of playing the game. My cpu scores around the same and it doesn’t dip under 30fps

With my i5 2320 3.0GHz integrated graphics, I had about 10fps average on lowest settings and 1024x768 resolution. Not exactly playable.