Timing out

Every time I try to connect to a server it loads, sends client info then it says I timed out. I saw another thread with someone with a similiar problem and the replyers said to delete some addons. I tried that but it still does it. I havent been able to play any servers at all so this is very important to me to be fixed. Help appreciated!

Im not sure if I’m right but how long does it usually take for a server to load for you?

3-5 min depending on server and if I already loaded it once today.

Oh then im not sure…

Hmm, you did try other servers right?

4 others.

Oh then im really not sure sorry…

It could be you have an option set not to download files offered by the server. This can sometimes make the server automatically reject you from joining either because the admin set that or its a required file.

I download files when I go into servers it just at the end of sending client info it times me out. And this problem just started happening today,yesterday and beyond I joined servers fine.

Idk. I can’t even play gmod. Did you get it using the undead patch? That might be it. But When I play it at my friends house with the patch I can still get on servers. Weird. But I can’t play it on this laptop for some reason.

Whats that?

[editline]07:07PM[/editline]

Now the problem has changed slightly. its still basically the same thing but hey, maybe it will help you guys figure out the problem. Now after it loads and reaches sending client info it just keeps spinning on sending client info it never moves on and loads. please help guys i cant play any Gmod multiplayer because of this and I just fixed my mic.

[editline]07:10PM[/editline]

Now the problem has changed slightly. its still basically the same thing but hey, maybe it will help you guys figure out the problem. Now after it loads and reaches sending client info it just keeps spinning on sending client info it never moves on and loads. please help guys i cant play any Gmod multiplayer because of this and I just fixed my mic.

And this time it loaded and the screen went black. I had to close gmod because it just stopped responding. WTF? Please help me…

First of all

You are all wrong

3 steps to get the right solution

1. Please show out details specs of your current machine,
    E.G Graphics/video card model
    CPU
    Ram
  2. Make sure you actually have enough bandwith and make sure you are connecting to a updated Gmod server, sometimes these errors are made when the server is not updated.
  3. You can also try direct connect in console, Enable it via options keyboard check Dev console. Use connect <IP> with out the “<>” E.G connect 192.1.1.5:27015

1 More solution as well, check if you are running either torrenting programs or you have downloads running in the back-round.

Also I am back bitches. After my Intel went boom. Running from a libary computer Urgh.

Im running a Dell Studio 1536 Windows Vista Home Pemium 32 bit OS with AMD Turion X2 Dual Core Mobile RM-70 2.00 GHz. My RAM is 4 GB.
As for bandwidth, I should have enough but I dont know how to check.
And the console thing didnt work, but I could copy paste everything that happened in console after I typed the command.
Help?