TMySQL crashing

I’m running a Ubuntu server, basically my problem is when I require( “tmysql” ), it complains about libmysql, when I add the libmysql files to the orangebox folder and I try the command again, the server instantly crashes with some errors to do with threads not being found, generic error. etc.

I will post errorlog later on.

Do you have the correct libmysql DLL for TMySQL? try downloading a fresh copy of the DLL and then let us know what happens. If not, try taking it from Mysqloo and see if that works.

This is linux, I have the latest lib files.

The error was:

PreMinidumpCallback: updating dump comment
Uploading dump (in-process) [proxy '']
/tmp/dumps/crash_20120715062145_1.dmp
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
Cannot find new threads: generic error
debug.cmds:1: Error in sourced command file:
Cannot access memory at address 0x5
email debug.log to linux@valvesoftware.com
Sun Jul 15 06:21:47 CDT 2012: Server restart in 10 seconds

Oh. Well fuck I don’t know shit on Linux.

I’ve made a couple tweaks to the readme. Valve distributes their own libstdc++ and libgcc_s which aren’t compatible with the module. When I feel motivated I’ll static link everything into the library, but in the mean time you need to grab the latest module off the svn:

If you don’t want to deal with compilers you’ll probably want to copy the files in redist/ into the orangebox/bin folder as well (and pray Valve doesn’t update their libstdc++ dependency).

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

warning: Can’t read pathname for load map: Input/output error.

warning: .dynamic section for “bin/libstdc++.so.6” is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)

warning: .dynamic section for “bin/libgcc_s.so.1” is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)

warning: Could not load shared library symbols for 20 libraries, e.g. orangebox/bin/engine.so.

Can you update it again or this error perfectly fine?

I’ve rebuilt it to statically link all the libraries. Let me know if this works for you:

http://gmodmodules.googlecode.com/svn-history/r198/trunk/gm_tmysql3_boost/gm_tmysql_linux.dll