Toggle Aimbot and how to detect it (+example)

Hello guys.

So I’ve had situations where people aren’t sure whether something is just bloody good aim or a toggled on/off aimbot.
However if you watch a recording closely it’s pretty easy to disect this and detect whether or not any kind of aimbot was involved.

There are three things that an aimbot does to make it easily noticable in any recording:

• The speed of the cursor when it flies to its target (the head mostly) is constant; this is not human and quite easy to see when putting a recording on extreme slowmo.
  • The line the cursor travels towards its target (the head mostly) is perfectly straight; this is not human either and also very easy to see.
  • Once the cursor arrives at its target (the head mostly) the trigger is pulled instantly and I mean INSTANTLY. Basically before you pull the trigger it’s quite human to have the cursor sway a few millimeters right before triggering.
    This is definitely the hardest way to detect an aimbot and isn’t 100% solid; instantly pulling the trigger at cursor-head contact can also be a luck/timing factor.

So in short, put the damn recording in slowmo and use these 3 criteria to judge, you won’t be wrong.

As promised, here is an example video of a streamer that put up a video of himself to prove he didn’t hack. In fact if you put the video in slowmo you will see these 3 things happening and it’ll be easy for anyone to see that he’s toggling his aimbot. It’s quite shocking how half the viewers believe he doesn’t hack, in a way it’s very subtle. But when looking at it in detail every person with brains should know it’s aimbot doing the work.

I hope this’ll make it easier for people to deduce whether someone in a recording it using aimbot or not :wink:

Cheers,

Falx

Pretty blatant.

3 headshots in the video, they all follow the exact same pattern described.

There’s no recoil for the third shot. That was a pretty big give away.

I understand you can know your surroundings or hear noise of a third person near, but his gun was literally aiming at the guy through the walls. His friends, even closer than him, didn’t hear the guy and had to ask, “where over there?” He then explains where he is at like he had… ESP.

to be fair anyone can do that manually but yeah

Now, if dev would actually be interested in stopping all aimbot/ESP/duping/etc attempts, they should reverse engineer some of the cheapest or free, yet frequently used (downloaded) hacks around.

Placing trust into the VAC system alone isn’t enough.

These fucking things need aditional work:

• memory/hook injection flaws in all .dll files that offer entries to several ‘enhancements’: hidden names, ESP, item/weapon spawn, blueprint unlocks, infinite resources,
  • text unicode UTF-8 format support limitations: all those hidden hacker names
  • tighten rcon server commands (item, weapon spawns, etc) or limit them to the admin’s steam_ID only version that can’t be duplicated
  • fix/secure the Assembly-Csharp.dll and other similar ones: editing those with any C# editor creates ESPs, no fall damage…
  • etc

These are just some flaws discovered while browsing several public forums that offer “stuff” against Rust.

As a RUST dev, you need to step your shit up and become a stealth ninja, monitoring and monitoring.

I really doubt a cheater would openly stream and then record himself and upload footage of him cheating to YouTube claiming that he doesn’t cheat. It looks pretty legit to me, but then again I haven’t played Rust in a few months.

Rust has added EAC. One of the most impenetrable anti cheats on the market. There is only one hack that offers a product with EAC3 bypass, and it doesn’t even have visual cheats. Once EAC is added, you’ll only have to worry about exploits… hopefully

Also, most assembly reflections have been patched, and will lead to a VAC ban within hours.

I remember when CheatPunch was added, over 5000 players were banned within 48 hours on just official servers. smfh

You can watch it on youtubeslow.com, settings 70/340. Third shot is extremely inconsistent.

huh? come on, there are workarounds for every AC. What makes EAC so special?

I actually downloaded the YouTube video, watched it half a dozen times, then again in slow-motion and another time frame by frame. I agree the first headshot with the P250 is somewhat unexpected. Aims and shoots at his head almost in an instant. Might be a lucky shot. No recoil, but that’s not a solid proof.
Difficult to judge the M4 headshot.

All in all, this snippet is way too short to jump to conclusions.

It’s being worked on, chill mang.

Bro, I’m more than chilled.

I just haven’t played the game in a while.

The promise of an “efficient” anticheat is just a promise, still.

I’m still hoping…

It takes screenshots, scans for memory injections. Not many people know how to bypass EAC. Want proof? Find me a private cheat that is EAC proof, with visual assistance like ESP. The only ones you can find are league cheats, which are expensive as hell anyways. I doubt that someone would pay that much for a league cheat to play cheat casually in Rust. Besides, most known cheat developers won’t be interested in developing for Rust.

Anyways, fact remains that VAC + EAC = super safe system. VAC works in the long term, whilst EAC works for the shorterm.

But ofcourse, only time will tell. Who knows whether EAC will be mandatory or optional for servers, as it was with cheat punch

Really?

I literally banned someone last week when I asked them to turn their Stream on. About 1 minute after he started broadcasting you could see him turn on his ESP overlay ON his stream. Most hackers are rather unintelligent.

I’ve also seen Rust cheaters uploading screenshots with all the nice ESP overlays directly to their Steam gallery.

‘Hacker’ is a rather generous term.