tool gun replaced

About three weeks ago I was looking for different things to add to gmod 11 and downloaded some harpoon gun. it never showed up in the game, so I let it go, and yesterday I run gmod and instead of having the tool gun, I have the harpoon gun, which pretty much ruins the purpose of gmod. I was wondering if there was a file I could download where I could replace the stupid harpoon gun and return it back to the regular one.

Any help is appreciated. I am a n00b btw.

Just delete the harpoon gun.

I just did that. The problem is still there.

Hmm, I’ve got an Idea though, I’ll have to get back to you on it. however if I’m right it should work, if I’m wrong I’ll show you a guaranteed way to fix it :stuck_out_tongue:

[editline]11:15AM[/editline]

Hmm, I’ve got an Idea though, I’ll have to get back to you on it. however if I’m right it should work, if I’m wrong I’ll show you a guaranteed way to fix it :stuck_out_tongue:

First, delete your cache and lua_temp folders.

If that fails (shouldn’t), verify files.

Is the toolgun model changed to a harpoon gun?

Or does it only shot harpoons?

If it is a model change, it is possible the file is in either material or the model folder of your main Gmod directory (the one that goes to the addons folder, maps folder, etc.)

The tool gun functions are completely gone, and in it’s place is a harpoon gun with the RPG model.

I think what happened is somehow I extracted the harpoon-cannons components and one of the files that determines what model the gun uses replaced the tool gun’s model. I think. Again, I am not well versed in some of this stuff.

delete all your addons

I went and cleared out the cache>dua files, but couldn’t find lua_temp. It’s not in my Garrys Mod folder at all.

I’d like to think that deleting the addons would be the last resort. I have a lot of things in it and I want to salvage as much as I can from it.

replacing the model wouldn’t cause it to loss it’s use.

until you find the cause, this will make it so you can spawn weapons and then pick them up.

It also can spawn medkits, so it is very helpful.

I’ve had this mod for a few days. I downloaded it to do exactly what you said and it didn’t work.

That’s been broken for a while dude.

The hl2 item mod still works.

:downswords:

Obviously you don’t play multiplayer.

Obviously I do.

It still works

:cop:

were is the “oh snap” rating?

lol…Worst case scenario, you salvage what you want and delete the garrysmod/garrysmod folder. And then “uninstall” Gmod in Steam (it doesn’t delete crap, AFAIK), then reinstall Gmod.

Ahh god damn it. I didn’t want to resort to that but it seems like I’m going to have to. I just don’t understand why it changed out of nowhere.

Who knows? For all I know, it could have been something you downloaded.

True, but it seems weird that three weeks later it would change for no reason. I’ll try to re-install tonight.