Top 10 things that are needed in rust

first i will post my top ten things that are needed in rust right now. Then please feel free to post your own top 10s

10 a in game map i don’t care if its a paper map with a small dot that says you are here with a small dot. also a compass with the map.i would like it to be craft able outta paper and metal fragments.

1. frankly i would like c4and other explosives taken outta the game. our houses should be like our bank. hell even ultima online had a bank.

2. Either take out the mp5 m4 shotgun p250/9mm or give them a reskin that makes sense.

3. karma system so you can tell who’s been a bad boy and who hasn’t

4. if you take out zombies replace them with another pve challenge for pve servers

5. less grass i understand the reasons of having grass but if i can’t see my loot on the ground its impeding gameplay.

6. if c4 is left in the game we really need defenses we don’t have to worry about killing us.

7. bow sights

8. camo for our gear.

9. more realistic upgrades for weapons. i don’t see a guy washed up on a beach crafting a laser sight for his revolver.

1. no
  2. no
  3. no
  4. no
  5. no
  6. there is already, only smart people though
  7. no
  8. no

so you have nothing constructive to add i guess.

i felt free to post my own top 10s as a repliement to yours, didnt read i was obligated to post constructives

listen i am not gonna argue over this. you don’t want to give the devs feed back fine i am just trying to help.

sorry but these are pretty much all the worst ideas I have seen.Sorry for not being constructive but im not gunna spend my time going through each point and telling you why it would suck.

1. The Rustmap.net Map should be in-game, but shouldn’t display player position.
  2. Eh, no. I agree C4 should be removed, but raiding should still exist.
  3. Agreed.
  4. I’m iffy on this. Definite no if it punishes the bad players.
  5. Yes
  6. You can disable grass anyways (grass.on false)
  7. Yes
  8. Eh, maybe on specific bows.
  9. No.
  10. Yes.

Also most people write their lists with 1 at the top and 10 at the bottom.

1. Fuck no.
  2. Alright, what in the hell are you THINKING? This game is a survival game. There should be risk. There should be reward. We shouldn’t make this into minecraft with fucking safe zones.
  3. No. What would the reskin be?
  4. No that doesn’t even make sense.
  5. Maybe.
  6. No, but they should disable being able to turn grass off, it gives an unfair advantage to people with it off.
  7. Those are already impenetrable defenses in the game. It’s called making a base like you aren’t a 10 year old who hasn’t discovered metal doors yet.
  8. Maybe, if they’re craftable and fairly expensive.
  9. Yes.
  10. No.

If only the developers had some sort of roadmap, maybe on Trello or something.

If only the developers had already commented on many of these points already.

If only there was some sort of “searching engine” that you could use to search some sort of inter-connected network to find this sort of thing before posting and making yourself look dumb.

If only.

A map will not be added, a compass wouldn’t be a bad idea though.

No. C4 make the game fun, otherwise people can’t raid you and you can’t raid them.

No. This ruins the having to trust people, and, what if they were attacked and killed 10 people? It’d be wrong.

Garry has stated he will add more things to kill us in the future.

F1 > Grass.on false > Winning, the grass is pretty nice though, tbh.

Garry has stated that defense is his next challenge, since offense is awesome.

No. Bows are meant to be like that so you can’t kill easily…

I’m sure this will be added.

The game is in Alpha.

after consulting the original post i have come up with the top 10 things i feel should NEVER be in rust:

10 a in game map i don’t care if its a paper map with a small dot that says you are here with a small dot. also a compass with the map.i would like it to be craft able outta paper and metal fragments.

1. frankly i would like c4and other explosives taken outta the game. our houses should be like our bank. hell even ultima online had a bank.

2. Either take out the mp5 m4 shotgun p250/9mm or give them a reskin that makes sense.

3. karma system so you can tell who’s been a bad boy and who hasn’t

4. if you take out zombies replace them with another pve challenge for pve servers

5. less grass i understand the reasons of having grass but if i can’t see my loot on the ground its impeding gameplay.

6. if c4 is left in the game we really need defenses we don’t have to worry about killing us.

7. bow sights

8. camo for our gear.

9. more realistic upgrades for weapons. i don’t see a guy washed up on a beach crafting a laser sight for his revolver.

heh true

wow nice trolls. isn’t their anything you would want added to the game instead of just saying my ideas are bad.

Would you need anything else added? I agree with previous posters, horrible idea’s. Though I would like to see a crude form of camo, even if it would mean wearing a couple of branches and being slow as ****. Right now it’s ridiculous how much you stand out with a rad suit on… XD

for mostly #7.

http://puu.sh/5R4vK

Alright i don’t think you are gathering what i am saying about the weapons. Their too perfect. they look like they were made in a factory not buy a guy with a rock and a stick.

lets look at how impossible it would be for any one to make one of the weapons just by one part.

A spring is made by winding a thin metal wire around tube then its heat treated so it retains its form and elasticity. just getting the wire to a constant diameter and get getting the heat treating correct would take months with out prior training. plus you have to think of the tools we have available. look at the work bench it looks like we are using a stick with some metal rapped around it. with another stick tied to a rock.

i don’t want the weapons rate of fire or function to stop i just want them to at least look the part.

As for camo every one knows that even when hunting in a forest for game to eat. you need to disguise your self. Just try chasing down a wild boar in real life and see what happens.

as for a map i just want something basic something to tell us what general area we are in and what direction we are heading.

As for c4 and frags i could understand a pipe bomb but making c4 is not common knowledge people and gun powder is no where in its recipe.

As for bow sights even the most basic bows through out history have had some form of aiming device.

and if you only logical answer is to say this is survival game then its not even touching what it takes to really survive.

Who cares if the guns look factory made. It’s less about realism and more about fun, I’d rather the devs work on fun additions instead of weapon skins. And if you want bow sights, just put a sticker on the center of your screen.

Compass and camo are decent ideas though.

it needs a map and a crossbow

1. I like the idea of having to explore on your own. If they are going to have a map at all it should be one posted inside of your house that you can look at and that is it.
  2. How about making it so it is not craftable or able to get it from airdrops. Instead you have to loot from chests/zombies.
  3. How about reskin them so they all do not look like M4s.
  4. This makes no sense. So you get negative karma for killing or raiding? What if someone attacks you and you kill them? Or you are going after someone that raided your home. Now you get negative for them attacking you? How would you gain positive karma?
  5. I wouldn’t take them out, I would just add more.
  6. grass.on false is your best friend. I turn it off because I can see things more clearly.
  7. You can make a metal base and metal doors already. If you really do not like it go to a no-pvp server.
  8. Add a new compound bow instead and make it an attachment that you have to find/craft for the bow.
  9. For a guy that wants to get ride of C4 for raiding, why would you want camo for your gear? You probably like the pvp aspect of the game but hate it when people get back at you and blow up/grief your base. You cant have your cake and eat it.
  10. What other kinds of upgrades are there? Thermal sights? night vision? There are not a lot of weapon attachments that will really help. Unless you are thinking something along the lines something that adds damage. If you are thinking like that then you would be asking for different types of craftable ammo.