OFFICIALLY RELEASED! Download it HERE
So yeah this is a reboot of my old summer gamemode project that is hopefully substantially better than then what I gave before.
What is Toxsin X?
Toxsin X is a heavily edited version of ReDead which completely removes the competitive aspect of the game, turning it into a cooperative shooter increasingly similar to Killing Floor.
- Wave styled gameplay akin to Killing Floor. Kill, shop, prepare for the finale, but more importantly survive.
- New zombie mutations to mutilate you including the return of Boss Zombies, powerful zombies that’ll take a lot to kill.
- Classes with unique passive and active abilities that’ll give you the edge over the zombies.
- Perk Progression akin to Killing Floor. Level up your class to enhance it’s abilities.
- A range of Non-Zombie enemies all fighting for their own survival.
- New randomized events including the finale, that’ll make sure you’re ready to adapt.
- New weapons providing trade offs to fit your zombie killing preference.
- Cheat Codes! Performing certain tasks will give you a cheat code to enter in the menu.
Your objective is to kill all the zombies in each wave, getting progressively more difficult and all leading up to the Finale. Between each wave, you’ll have 60 seconds to buy anything you think you’ll need from the trader. The last time the trader will appear is before the final wave, where you’ll have to shop for both it and the Finale. The ultimate objective of the Finale is to get to the evacuation point whilst fending off from a never ending hoard of zombies. Sometimes you may have to perform a task before you’re able to evacuate, which is entirely random. Budgeting and teamwork is extremely important because it determines how well prepared you’ll be for the Finale.
Here is the help menu for full information on the rest of the aspects. The black text is white in game, and I’ll update this picture with that version later on today.
Items in green enhance per level sans the ability itself
Click below to be debriefed on what you’ll be up against.
Expect more to be added later on, because at the moment I’m just looking for models to use.
Same thing as the zombies, expect pictures later on detailing them.
VENOM Soldiers: Your doppelganger, their only mission is to wipe your unit out and contain the outbreak. Loadout consists of a Fiveseven, MP5, M4A1, XM1014, or Scout.
Anarchists: Equipped with only melee weapons and molotovs, they wanna watch the world burn and they’ll take anything they can get their hands on.
And same thing as the zombies, more will be added once I can find fitting models for them.
And here are some old videos showcasing certain features. Gameplay has changed since then.** Credits** - Everyone that created ReDead. This literally could not exist without ReDead. - Model creators who made the models I'm using. - Me for doing the coding for the new additions. - The WAYWO thread for putting up with my shit.
Required Content: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=305174426 and CS:S/EP1
As homage to Facepunchers here’s a free cheat code that I think you’ll enjoy. Just type in monkey_123 ( thank Lebofly for being nice enough to post his name ) to spawn with Face Punchers instead of a knife. Just remember, hit em in the face!