Transformers Porting Thread v2 Plus New Info! Looking for Supporters

The first thread went a little out of control, so I have started v2 of the Transformers thread. I will update this with new info and bring back some of the useful old info form the last one so that I won’t refer to it back and forth and keep it all here. I am also looking for supporters who are willing to put in some time in getting characters from certain games.
As of 7/31/17: I have this banner to track progress on any Transformers character or characters being worked on in SFM. The next one could be a surprise. DO NOT ASK ME TO DO REQUESTS. WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET.

'Til All Are One.

so have the Prime models actually been extracted or not? If so, maybe they’d be easier to put together and rig for Source than FoC proved to be? I’m not seeing anything regarding Transformers Prime in the links you provided.

The models are there. You just need to look for them. The models are private through. You would need to subscribe to kaxblastard’s Youtube channel in order to ask him for the files you want.

Here is his channel, subscribe and email him for the TFP game files you want:http://www.youtube.com/user/blastardinc

Here is the page with the popular files that he has for now:http://kaxblastard.deviantart.com/gallery/46229587

have you got the files from him already so i don’t have to bother? i don’t like the fact that he’s forcing people to subscribe to get the files. It’s not like they’re models he made… they’re ripped from a game. So if you already got the goods from him you should just post them here so people can see what they can do with them.

I have just sent him a message on Youtube to send me the files. Hopefully he replies soon. I don’t want to find out that he’s keeping them all to himself and his pals.

My wish for TF:Prime models to the Source engine came true. I hope you have the rights to post them publicly.

As of now, I’m waiting for a reply from the guy who got them extracted to email the files to me. Don’t hold your breath just yet. If he’s just holding on to them for his with the exception of GMawesome I’m gonna be pissed.

You know, you COULD just get the download links from the video descriptions instead of waiting for a response. He provided the links to download the models so that people could do what they want with them. I just tested the download links for both of those videos you posted, and they’re still working just fine.

Which ones? The Google sketch-up models or the TFP game models? I can’t seem to find the TFP ones in his video descriptions.

Both of the videos you provided earlier in this thread have download links for the models (both rigged and unrigged) in their descriptions, which I assume are from the games.

Ohhh The Dotm and FoC models in the OP. I thought you were talking about kaxblastard’s videos from post #3. I will have a look at them and see what happens.

You should know that I’m no good at this thing yet, hence the “looking for supporters” in the thread title. I’ll still see what I can do for now.

If the links don’t work for you, I have the unrigged .OBJ versions from both of those videos on my hard drive. Just let me know if you need them.

Got them working. Now all I need to do now is somehow open them up in Max or some other program and take a look. Once I get a good look at ALL of them…ehhh, give them to someone to work with? Again, no expertie at portie thing.

Well I had a look at the files for both FoC and Dotm, I would like to point out a major gripe of mine: NO WEAPONS. It’s one of those things that you need to have something to go with them, but in this case, they have nothing going for them except their vehicle forms. Like buying a figure that has no gun accessory. Here are other issues I found:

1. The FoC models like in the video have no color, which means you would have to apply color to ALL OF THEM.

2. FoC files is missing FoC Megatron, but it does have WfC Megatron from chapter 2.

3. Dotm has no cannon fodder soldiers except for the Enforcer Decepticon aka one of The Dreads from the film.

4. Dotm textures look low-grade, but I don’t expect anything more coming from a movie game.

This is as much as I can do for now, anyone like to have a go at them?

Huh? we already know all these things about the DOTM and FoC files. Went over all this in the previous thread. Hence the idea of porting anything from FoC has been abandoned.

I thought we moved on to ‘Prime’ models? We need those files. If we get those I will do w/e it takes to get them rigged up in blender and ported to Source. At this point i’m thinking about just buying the Wii U game and seeing if I can rip them myself. Then again… I just read a reply from rroobboo on youtube (the guy that ripped DOTM and FoC files) and he is saying there are no tools for ripping from the Prime game.

Don’t get the WiiU one. It’s been known that Nintendo doesn’t want anything taken out from their WiiU games. Your best option is to use the Wii version instead of WiiU.

well according to this thread I found on Xentax, The regular Wii version can’t be ripped:

I don’t know if that’s just with that specific tool that person is trying to use though, and I also do not know if the Wii U version uses a different format that perhaps can be ripped from. But somehow that guy on youtube has the Prime models in his dance video… he had to have got them from somewhere…

I really want to get the Prime models mainly because a lot of people really like that show so it has a lot of interest right now. I think machinimas made with those models would be a lot better received. I am getting some criticism from people within the transformers communities for using Michael Bays models in my short movie I just finished.

Well, I got good news and bad news:

The good news is that I got all of Team Prime characters from zeltrax on Da. Nice guy. Don’t know if it includes their vehicle forms or not, but it’s worth a shot.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/tc383tbtdukn7/Transformers_Prime_Models

Bad news is that all I have from the Decepticons is a Tank Vehicon. kaxblastard from Da didn’t give the rest of the Decepticons to me because “I will only release them if I could have a practical use for them”. Ain’t that a bunch of bull.

Tank Vehicon is in the link with Team Prime.

Also, wow. You got flak from using Michael Bay’s Transformers? That’s kind of harsh. I don’t really mind the designs for some of them like Optimus, but Megatron got uglier as the movies continued.

[t]http://i39.tinypic.com/5nvoco.png[/t]
[t]http://i43.tinypic.com/28wjlue.png

Aren’t presents only given out on Brithdays and Christmas? It’s only Halloween. :v:

I kid. Seems like good work so far.