Trouble in Terrorist Town: a Gamemode of Mystery and Deception

[release]
Trouble in Terrorist Town

[img_thumb]http://i35.tinypic.com/2s1nqiw.jpg[/img_thumb]

Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) is a gamemode created by Bad King Urgrain. The gameplay comprises of innocents, the terrorists, who must weed out and kill the traitors among them before being killed themselves.
[/release]

[release]
Gameplay (Mostly copypasted from the informative thread in the links)

Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) is a gamemode for Garry’s Mod 10. It’s about a group of Terrorists who have traitors among them that are out to kill everyone who’s not a traitor.

A small number of players (2 to 4) is selected as Traitors, who have to kill all the Innocent players (meaning those who were not picked). Those innocents know there are people out to get them, and they’re in the majority, but they do not know who the traitors are. The innocents just have to survive, which means finding out who the traitors are and killing them before they kill you. Of course everyone is holding a big gun, and everyone looks suspicious…

Traitors have the element of surprise if they can keep their identity secret, and they get to pick one or two items of special equipment to help them. When a player is killed, this is not announced and shown on the scoreboard until someone confirms the death by finding the body and searching it. Innocents must keep their eyes open to catch Traitors in the act, or use the clues they find on dead bodies to identify the killer.

Detectives, a third player type, are innocents with certain benefits. At the beginning of a round, the up to 2 of them are chosen from the innocents. The most important benefit is that they are guaranteed to be innocent, so they can walk around and find information without the worry of being suspected. The downside of this is that they are high priority targets for the traitors and must suspect everyone to stay alive.

If you get killed early on it can be a bit boring to sit out the rest of the round. To keep things interesting, spectators can press E (use) on physics props to “possess” them and move them around, perhaps to affect the game in creative ways.
[/release]

[release]
Hints, Tips, and Tactics

Terrorist
[ul][li] Find a group of people you trust and stick with them. If you know how many traitors there are, try to have more group members than there are traitors.[/li][li] Bind keys to useful chat macros (more info in the links)[/li][li] Be suspicious of everybody[/li][li] Use the scoreboard to mark people with tags such as Missing, Suspect, and Friend. This will help you keep of the various players in your game.[/li][li] Look for telltale signs that someone is a traitor (has traitor weapon, hurt for unknown reason, near unidentified body)[/li][li] Make sure you know what’s around you when alone[/li][/ul]

Detective
[ul][li] All terrorist hints[/li][li] Keep in mind that you’re a high priority target, look out for yourself[/li][/ul]

Traitor
[ul][li] Act like an innocent, don’t make it obvious that you’re not part of their group[/li][li] Communicate and plan with fellow traitors, it could make or break your victory[/li][li] Be smart about the special equipment you buy, don’t get something you won’t use.[/li][li] Don’t kill innocents in large groups[/li][li] Look around before you kill someone. Is your victim isolated?[/li][li] Go for innocents with low health, they’re easier to kill without retaliation[/li][li] Try to keep bodies hidden (or burn them), as the innocents cannot see the “Missing in Action” group and will see these people as alive on the player list[/li][/ul]
[/release]

[release]
Requirements
To play Trouble in Terrorist Town, you must have these two things:

[ul]
[li] Garry’s Mod (obviously)[/li][li] Counter-Strike (for materials and models)[/li][/ul]
[/release]

[release]
Media

Gameplay Footage (Old footage, players are no-longer notified of deaths)

[/release]

[release]
Servers
Here are some good TTT servers:

[TDRgaming.com] Trouble in Terrorist Town #1| Teamplay - 72.5.152.201:27015
[TDRgaming.com] Trouble in Terrorist Town #2| Teamplay - 72.5.152.201:27016
[TDRgaming.com] Trouble in Terrorist Town #3| Teamplay - 72.5.152.200:27015
<DNRGAMING.NET> Playin’ TTT! <Dinosaurs! Ninjas! Robots!> - 204.45.55.242:26027
<DNRGAMING.NET> Playin’ TTT! <Dinosaurs! Ninjas! Robots!> - 204.45.55.242:26018
<DNRGAMING.NET> Playin’ TTT! <Dinosaurs! Ninjas! Robots!> - 204.45.55.242:26010
[AS] Alters Server - TTT - FastDL - 75.102.38.138:27015
The Ice Cave | Fast DL TTT - 82.176.251.166:27014
RKSzone.com | Trouble in Terrorist Town | FastDL - 217.23.5.128:27015
G4TC.net | TTT | FastDL - 81.19.209.199:27350
188.165.193.84:27014
91.192.210.167:27016
[/release]

[release]
Useful Links

Official Website - http://ttt.badking.net/
Official Help Page - http://ttt.badking.net/help
Forums - http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?board=19.0
Informative Thread - http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9124.0
Download - http://ttt.badking.net/releases
[/release]

Oh wow, this looks awesome!
But where is the download?

I played this, it’s fucking awesome.

This is one of my favorite gamemodes.

I’m usually pretty gung-ho, but every now and again I basically do nothing and just let things simmer until the innocents kill each other off. It’s the epitome of magnificent bastardry.

I run a server for this, Connect![URL=“steam://connect/total.game-host.org:27020”]

Just to clarify, you don’t need to download the game mode if you only plan on playing it. Connecting to a server will just let you auto-download the few lua files.

Haha, this is fun!

I think i will put a server up for this :slight_smile:

I have a UK JokerIce server up here.
193.200.158.146:27035

Click to connect!

U forgot Chiefehs ttt , its the best . Alot of custom guns , content etc…

The name is enough for me to love this gamemode, the content just makes it awesome :v:

Any vids?

I love this gamemode. I’ve been playing it for the past 2 weeks. I was thinking of making a machinima based off my experience playing this magnificent gamemode.

Added a download link (for server owners) and media section to OP.

If anyone finds good TTT media, post it here I can add it.

The game is insanely entertaining, specially for people who just LOVES to play tricks and mind games.
I fully reccomend this gamemode, it’s one of the simplest yet most enjoyable to find.

I love setting up other players to kill each other and then going up the last dude alive and whispering in the mic “i’m going to murder you, ruuuuun”

I played this 2 months ago. Why is it here now?

Notice that it’s not in Gamemode Releases.

Generally that means it’s not a new release and threads on it belong here.

Fake servers, just an FYI.

They could be down, I’ve played on all of them.

No, all servers on that IP are fake. They are just mimicking real servers to draw people in.

The real IP. 208.122.48.107