Trouble with keybinding

Hello, I’m having trouble using some keybindings. I mashed some stuff from the wiki and another topic for this.
Code:

function KeysPressed (P, key, ply)
if input.IsKeyDown(30) == 1 then
ply:conCommand(“DropWeapon”)
end

if input.IsKeyDown(93) == 1 then
ply:conCommand("BuyMenuHuman")
end

end

hook.Add( “KeyPress”, “KeyPressedHook”, KeysPressed )

Pressing T(30) does nothing, not even produce an error. Neither does F2(93). Any ideas? I really need this fixed so I can use the buy menu ( It doesn’t seem to work right if you just use it in the console in the menu ).

Can only use IN_KEY enumerations with that hook.

And they would return booleans, not integers anyways. :slight_smile:

**[Gamemode.KeyPress

http://wiki.garrysmod.com/favicon.ico](wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Gamemode.KeyPress)**

Hmm I see what you mean, can you provide an example script for another method?

You could hook it to Think, it is clientside.

[lua]
function KeysPressed()
NextKeyThink = NextKeyThink or CurTime();
if NextKeyThink > CurTime() then return; end;
if input.IsKeyDown(30) then
RunConsoleCommand(“DropWeapon”);
NextKeyThink = CurTime() + 1;
return;
end
if input.IsKeyDown(93) then
RunConsoleCommand(“BuyMenuHuman”);
NextKeyThink = CurTime() + 1;
return;
end
end
hook.Add(“Think”,“CheckKeysPressed”,KeysPressed);
[/lua]

I wasn’t sure if you held it down if it would spam or not, so I just made it wait a second after each time it’s down.

This works, but I’m having trouble with another aspect of my menus. Something is causing my global integers to be null ( I use them as currency ). Heres the error:
[gamemodes\laststand\gamemode\init.lua:153] attempt to call method ‘GetGlobalInt’ (a nil value)

Heres snippets from the menu and npc kill parts:
MENU
Ready = vgui.Create( “DFrame” )
Ready:SetPos( ScrW() / 2, ScrH() / 2 ) //Set the position. Half the screen height and half the screen width. This will result in being bottom right of the middle of the screen.
Ready:SetSize( 400, 400 ) //The size, in pixels of the Frame
Ready:SetTitle( “Select Items/Upgrades” )
Ready:SetVisible( true )
Ready:SetDraggable( true )
Ready:ShowCloseButton( true )
Ready:MakePopup( true )

ready1 = vgui.Create( “DButton”, Ready ) // Define ready1 as a “DButton” with its parent the Ready frame we just created above.
ready1:SetPos( 20, 160 ) //Set position, relative to the frame (If you didn’t parent it, it would be relative to the screen
ready1:SetSize( 140, 40 ) // How big it should be, again in pixels
ready1:SetText( “Buy SMG1-6/25” )
ready1.DoClick = function() //ready1.doclick = function, we just defined it as a function
if player:GetGlobalInt(“killcounter”) >= 5 then
ply:Give( “weapon_SMG1” )
Player:GiveAmmo(25,“smg1”)
ply:SetGlobalInt(“killcounter”, ply:GetGlobalInt(“killcounter”) - 5)
end

end

NPC adder
function KillCounter( victim, killer, weapon ) --Sets up a new function called KillCounter

killer:SetGlobalInt("killcounter", killer:GetGlobalInt("killcounter") + 1)  --Adds 1 everytime an NPC is killed.

end
hook.Add("OnNPCKilled","KillCounter", KillCounter)

Can you help me on these?

GetGlobalInt and SetGlobalInt are not metatable functions, they are global functions, serverside only I believe.

Use SetNetworkedInt and GetNetworkedInt.

killer:SetNetworkedInt(“killcounter”,killer:GetNetworkedInt(“killcounter”)+1)

I have done as you said, but it has only solved that error in the serverside OnNpcKilled( or w/e its called ) function. Is there a way to allow a variable in the cl_init too?

[lua]
ready1.DoClick = function() //ready1.doclick = function, we just defined it as a function
if player:GetGlobalInt(“killcounter”) >= 5 then
ply:Give( “weapon_SMG1” )
Player:GiveAmmo(25,“smg1”)
ply:SetGlobalInt(“killcounter”, ply:GetGlobalInt(“killcounter”) - 5)
end
[/lua]

All of those need to be LocalPlayer()

You haven’t declared any of those to be valid variables.

[lua]
if LocalPlayer():GetNetworkedInt(“killcounter”) >= 5 then
//ply:Give( “weapon_SMG1” ) <-- this is a serverside function!
//Player:GiveAmmo(25,“smg1”) <–this is too!
//ply:SetNetworkedInt(“killcounter”, LocalPlayer():GetNetworkedInt(“killcounter”) - 5) <-- don’t set these clientside, they’re meant to be set serverside so they are networked to everyone.
end
[/lua]

Why aren’t you using the ENUMs provided to make this process easier, and make your code more readable?