$sequence idle “modelname.smd” fps 1
$collisionmodel “modelname.smd” {
$mass 100.0
$inertia 1.00
$damping 0.00
$rotdamping 0.00
}

-I got GUIstudiomdl_2.2
-the gameconfig.txt DOES NOT EXIST in the sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin folder OR the sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin folder, so I got the error: The “gameconfig.txt” file could not be found in the folder specified
-I tried making my own blank gameconfig.txt file to put in the bin folders. it seems to accept this, but I now get an error saying:
Game information could not be found in the “gameinfo.txt” file. The game/mod can’t be added to the selection list.

From what I understand, the gameconfig.txt should have been there when I installed the orangebox on steam. what am I doing wrong?

I am using a dell studio xps 435t/9000 with 64 bit windows 7

I have posted a similar question in the garrys mod forums, but had no response. please help!

Why the F does people use GUIstudiomdl, its so simple to compile a model…

The gameinfo is the one that must be in the game folder you are compiling for, try create a BAT file with this inside:

"C:\Steam\steamapps\YOURACCNAME\SourceSDK\bin\orangebox\bin\studiomdl.exe" -game "C:\Steam\SteamApps\YOURACCNAME\GarrysMod\garrysmod" %1
pause

Then just drag your QC above the BAT and it should compile to your gmod folder.

just press the add button next to the game select field and select your gmod gameinfo.txt

its here: “steam\steamapps\YOURNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod”

BTW, you also forgot to add the main mesh in your QC, there you only got the idle anim and the phy mesh but not the visible mesh, add this:

$model "modelname.smd"

or

$body "modelname.smd"