Trying to port a portal 2 map: Error Loading studio Model

So I’m getting a whole bunch of these errors when trying to compile a map port I have. I already used a program to fix all the models so they are compatible with the engine version, anyone know how to fix this?

Could you include said errors in your post? Nobody will be able to help with such limited information.

Basically it means your model isn’t being found. My guess would be either you haven’t properly written your QC, or more likely whatever cfg you have for your compiler isn’t reading the game directory your model is in.

Error loading studio model is the full extent of the error.

The models are from portal 2, not custom. The models are in the same folder as everything else.

are you put the model in as a static prop when it can only be physics or dynamic ??

So which is it? It matters.

The models are from portal 2, I ran a program on that to fix them for older engine versions. No recompiling was made.

They were prop_statics in the original game, I did not change anything. Hell, one of the things disappearing is a bunch of static catwalks.
I will try making them dynamic though, maybe it will help.

[editline]4th January 2017[/editline]

Okay, it seems to have worked, strange that they were marked as statics.

However, there is something else I need help with:

When loading Black Mesa Source maps, several assets are replaced with hl2 ones, similar with what happened with tf2 assets.
Now, should I pack the assets into the map file, would it fix the problem?

yes that should work just make sure before packing the custom assets you have them in the models and materials folders

I am not talking about custom assets, I am talking about packing the bms assets into stock bms maps so I can load them in gmod without assets getting replaced by hl2 ones.

This is for personal use, so file size is NOT an issue.

If that’s the case, just change the load order in your game’s gameinfo to prioritize BM over HL2.

I did not knew that could be done lol.
It still does not fully solve the problem, as it breaks something else, but it’s a start.
Nevertheless, does the asset pack method work?

[editline]4th January 2017[/editline]

How exactly do I accomplish this though? What do I have to write in gameinfo?

Sorry, but I have absolutely no clue when it comes to any form of coding.

I use the mount.cfg file in the CFG folder and have it like

//
// Use this file to mount additional paths to the filesystem
// DO NOT add a slash to the end of the filename
//

"mountcfg"
{
	 "cstrike"	"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike"
	// "tf"			"C:\mytf2server	f"
		"episodic"	"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\episodic"
		"ep2"		"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2"
		"BMS"		"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Black Mesa\bms"
}

so it loads those game assets

Higher entries are read first. For example, in taz0’s file, cstrike content would be loaded before of bm content, so if bm has any of the same assets, they’ll be ignored in favor of cstrike’s.

Yeah I know about mount.cfg, I was asking about editing gameinfo.txt, that’s what you mentioned earlier, unless you typed the wrong name by mistake.

in the past you was able to get Gmod to load content using the gameinfo.txt file i.e

game				|all_source_engine_paths|ep2/ep2_pak.vpk

to load HL2EP2 content but a patch broke that route so you have to use the mount.cfg to load it

Okay thanks for that info.
This thread is more or less answered, while there is something else I need, I will open a new thread for it when the time comes, since I am not tackling that problem for a while.

This thread can be closed now.

And loading bms first didn’t work. Capital.

This thread can be closed anyway, I am just going to try the other method.