Trying to update Stranded to GM13

For a while I’ve been trying to learn the lua scripting language, usually with not much luck. I need some sort of goal to work towards, so I thought I’d try to update one of my favorite gamemodes, stranded, as I have not seen one built for gm13 yet.

So I managed to create a proper gamemode text file that allowed me to start stranded. I did get it working, however I was met with many errors, and I’m not really sure where to start. I know there are some things that can be fixed according to Garry’s “reasons why the shit you coded is now broke”, but the errors do not reference specific parts of the code, such as here;

Couldn't include file 'stranded\gamemode\cl_init.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
[cpp] Couldn't Load Init Script: 'stranded/gamemode/cl_init.lua'

Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (weapons/gmod_camera.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (weapons/gmod_tool/cl_init.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (weapons/gmod_tool/shared.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (weapons/manhack_welder/cl_init.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (weapons/manhack_welder/shared.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/base_gmodentity.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_balloon.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_button.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_cameraprop.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_dynamite.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_emitter.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_ghost.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_hoverball.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_lamp.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_light.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_rtcameraprop/cl_init.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_rtcameraprop/shared.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_thruster.lua)
Client file in nosend - but we don't have it! Maybe you're missing an addon? We should handle this better. (entities/gmod_wheel.lua)

Then there are a few lines which I’m not really sure what’s wrong;

[gamemodes/stranded/entities/entities/gms_food/cl_init.lua:44] attempt to index global 'GMS' (a nil value)
[gamemodes/stranded/entities/entities/gms_mail/cl_init.lua:47] attempt to index global 'GMS' (a nil value)
[gamemodes/stranded/entities/entities/gms_resourcedrop/cl_init.lua:14] attempt to index global 'GMS' (a nil value)

Then this line repeats 20-30 times;

ERROR: Trying to derive entity base_rd_entity from non existant entity base_gmodentity!

with these lines inbetween;

ERROR: Trying to derive entity gms_loot from non existant entity base_gmodentity!
ERROR: Trying to derive entity gms_gunlab from non existant entity base_gmodentity!
ERROR: Trying to derive entity gms_factory from non existant entity base_gmodentity!
ERROR: Trying to derive entity gms_copperfurnace from non existant entity base_gmodentity!
ERROR: Trying to derive entity gms_stove from non existant entity base_gmodentity!
ERROR: Trying to derive entity gms_stoneworkbench from non existant entity base_gmodentity!
ERROR: Trying to derive entity gms_mail from non existant entity base_gmodentity!
ERROR: Trying to derive entity gms_antlionbarrow from non existant entity base_gmodentity!
ERROR: Trying to derive entity gms_stonefurnace from non existant entity base_gmodentity!
etc.etc.etc.

Once or twice I got the ‘q’ menu to pop up, but nothing showed up, probably because of the changes with the gui. But anyway, I kind of feel over my head in all this. Would it be better to learn more about lua before tackling such a project?

because your cl_init is broken, its not being loaded. therefore on the client GMS is never initialised.

and base_gmodentity is no more, try base_anim

Heres a gift :dance:
Download GMS For Gmod13

Oh my goodness, you are my hero! I’ve been looking through the code, taking G4MB!T’s advice, but I haven’t gotten anywhere. Thanks so much!

No problem!

FILE NOT FOUND! Sad face is sad :[

Try now.

i get a 404 not found error, please fix it so i can play this awesome game mode in gmod 13

[oops, wrong thread]

You don’t need the gamemode scripts to play it …

no im not able to download it

Ok this thread is old… But I want that download so bad D: Does anyone have it downloaded and can re-upload?