TTT Body Physics Help

Alright, so I need alittle help. As some know, the body physics in Gmod are messed up, especially in TTT, and when a body goes berserk, it CAN crash your server. Well this is happening to me. I have the force limiter(see code below) but it doesn’t quite do the job, the server still has a tendency to crash, especially when many bodies hit a certain force. I was hoping you guys could help me(As well as other servers having this issue.)

Any help is appreciated.

local freezespeed = 2700
local removespeed = 7000
hook.Add("Think","AMB_CrashCatcher",function()
	for k, ent in pairs(ents.FindByClass("prop_ragdoll")) do
		if IsValid(ent) then
			if ent.player_ragdoll then
				local velo = ent:GetVelocity( ):Length()
				local ply = false
				if IsValid(ent:GetOwner()) then
					ply = ent:GetOwner()
				end	
				if velo >= removespeed then
					if ply != false then
						game.ConsoleCommand("ulx slay \"" .. ply:GetName() .. "\" 
")
						PrintMessage(HUD_PRINTTALK, "[Autoslay] " .. ply:GetName() .. " was slayed for trying to exploit the ragdoll removal glitch.")
					end
					ent:Remove()
					ServerLog("[!CRASHCATCHER!] Caught ragdoll entity moving too fast ("..velo.."), removing offending ragdoll entity from world.
")
					local messageToShow = "[CRASH PREVENTION] A ragdoll was removed to prevent server crashing. It was "
					if CORPSE.GetFound(ent, true) then
						PrintMessage(HUD_PRINTTALK, messageToShow .. "an unID'd body.")
					else
						PrintMessage(HUD_PRINTTALK, messageToShow .. ent:GetNWString("nick") .. "'s body.")
					end
				elseif velo >= freezespeed then
					AMB_KillVelocity(ent)
					ServerLog("[!CRASHCATCHER!] Caught ragdoll entity moving too fast ("..velo.."), disabling motion. 
")
				end
			end
		end
	end
end)

function AMB_SetSubPhysMotionEnabled(ent, enable)
	if not IsValid(ent) then return end

ent:SetVelocity(vector_origin)

if !(enable) then
		ent:SetColor(Color(255,0,255,255))
	else
		ent:SetColor(Color(255,255,255,255))
	end

if !(enable) then
		if IsValid(ent:GetOwner()) then
			ent:GetOwner():GetWeapon("weapon_zm_carry"):Reset(false)
		end
		--ent:SetPos(ent:GetPos()+Vector(0,0,50))
	end

for i=0, ent:GetPhysicsObjectCount()-1 do
		local subphys = ent:GetPhysicsObjectNum(i)
		if IsValid(subphys) then
			subphys:EnableMotion(enable)
			if !(enable) then
				subphys:SetVelocity(vector_origin)
				subphys:SetMass(subphys:GetMass()*20)
			end
			if enable then
				subphys:SetMass(subphys:GetMass()/20)
				subphys:Wake()
			end
		end
	end

ent:SetVelocity(vector_origin)

end

function AMB_KillVelocity(ent)
   AMB_SetSubPhysMotionEnabled(ent, false)
   timer.Simple(3, function() AMB_SetSubPhysMotionEnabled(ent, true) end)
end

First of all I’d like to apologize for everyone else on this site. It takes some work to get the helpful people out of the woodwork.

Un/Fortunately we have had a similar issue on our server and we know how to fix it… but it creates problems all on its own. Not server crashing problems but people exploiting our fix to hide bodies. You can find all the code we used to fix the glitch and a discussion on fixing the secondary problems
here by clicking on these blue words.

Hi. That’s DarthTealc’s and my script. I understand it’s not totally efficient, but you can modify the remove/freeze speed if it still has a tendency of crashing.

Is that one alittle more useful than the current one I use?

[editline]25th January 2014[/editline]

I’ve changed 100 different numbers and nothing seems to help when multiple bodies are hit by, say, c4, or something that causes force.

[editline]25th January 2014[/editline]

The deleting portion of the script I use never works. I have never seen it delete a body, but console.log detects the bodies hitting about a 17000 force, which causes the crash, though I have it set to 7000 for remove.