TTT Custom Models

So in my pointshop I was wondering about some custom models. Is there a way to fix the models that are standing in a “T” position? Also how can I fix a “Daedric” model for my server. The person who is wearing it cannot see it however everyone else can. Not really that big of a deal but still. Help please? Thanks

T models needs to be recompiled to use new animations.

is there a script that is already made or would I have to code it myself?

Post the model, I can try to recompile it with the correct animations.

Em what would I post? :stuck_out_tongue: It’s the chicken commando from killing floor and I got it off of the workshop

Post the link to the addon?

I have several that are having issues:

Keep in mind the Deathstroke model works fine except for the fact that he is literally sideways. Even when equipped he’s walking sideways

DeathStroke works fine. I’ll work on the others later.

Alright. I’m still having issues with Deathstroke however. It’s still sideways. I’ll post an example later

[editline]14th January 2014[/editline]

Post your pointshop code.

ITEM.Name = 'Deathstroke'
ITEM.Price = 15000
ITEM.Model = 'models/norpo/arkhamorigins/assassins/deathstroke.mdl'

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
	if not ply._OldModel then
		ply._OldModel = ply:GetModel()
	end

timer.Simple(1, function() ply:SetModel(self.Model) end)
end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
	if ply._OldModel then
		ply:SetModel(ply._OldModel)
	end
end

Is there any way I could recompile the animations myself? (Doubtful. I’m still learning LUA)

You don’t need to know lua to compile model animations. Google it and you’ll find a way.

Is there an animation compiler already? (a program of some sort maybe?)

Its quite simple actually, get a model decompiler, hope it decompiles the qc. Then add $includemodel something/anims.mdl and it will include the animations. I recommend decompiling a gmod player model and copy and pasting the $includemodel lines

Oops, forgot about this thread. Working on them now.

[editline]17th January 2014[/editline]

Two of the models he posted have to be rerigged since they’re missing the bones to hold guns.

What would be a good model decompiler?

MDLDecompile comes with source games. It’s a command-line tool. There are versions with easier-to-use UIs, but it’s better to know the command-line commands so you know what you’re doing.

Alright thanks