TTT Killer Revealer - Shows you the bastard that killed you!

[release]
TTT Killer Revealer - Shows you the bastard that killed you!
Pictures:
[release]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8845827/Screenshots/killmsg.jpg

[/release]

This script shows to you the player that killed you, it prints in chat and haves colors.
Extract in addons folder.

Download:

http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=118483

[/release]

Doesnt this ruin the purpose of TTT?
Cause then you can just tell your friend in steam chat who’s the traior.

there is no point of this because you can just look at damage logs at the end of the round. That or you made this just to ghost.

This is to prevent people from screaming RDM!!! all the way round, and the ghosting thing can be done without this.

Or scream even more when they were killed by an innocent.

Maybe.

It should tell you in chat who killed you if they’re innocent. And tell you if you were killed by a traitor, but not who. Then it would be perfect IMO…

Or just show it to admins to easily spot people who are teamkilling.

[editline]27th February 2011[/editline]

So I don’t have to constantly type ttt_print_adminreport everytime I die :arghfist::saddowns:

But what if they’re weren’t any admins on? My idea combined with a votekick addon would allow people to vote teamkillers off without an admin.

Don’t bother listening to the haters. After all it’s not like they run TTT servers.

I do, i already have a system like this in place. 9/10 People rage even more when they get killed by an Innocent, therefore nearly nulling this. But it does stop me typing ttt_print_adminreport in console each time I die.

Just bind it maybe?

Hello I recently asked you earlier about this plugin and i just want to say that the plugin does not work with g mod 13. If you could update it and send me a link that would be very very appreciated. Thank you

[lua]hook.Add(“DoPlayerDeath”, “ShowKiller”, function(victim, attacker)
if attacker:IsPlayer() && attacker:IsInnocent() then
victim:PrintMessage(HUD_PRINTTALK, “You have been killed by “…attacker:Nick()…”. He was innocent.”)
elseif attacker:IsPlayer() && attacker:IsTraitor() then
victim:PrintMessage(HUD_PRINTTALK, “You have been killed by a traitor.”)
elseif not attacker:IsPlayer() then
victim:PrintMessage(HUD_PRINTTALK, “You were not killed by a player.”)
end
end)[/lua]

This will print who the inno is that killed you, and if it was a traitor it hides his name.

place it in garrysmod/lua/autorun/server

If that doesn’t work use this unedited version

[lua] hook.Add(“DoPlayerDeath”, “ShowKiller”, function(victim, attacker)
if attacker:IsPlayer() then
victim:PrintMessage(HUD_PRINTTALK, “You have been killed by “…attacker:Nick()…”. He was a “…attacker:GetRoleString()…”.”)
elseif not attacker:IsPlayer() then
victim:PrintMessage(HUD_PRINTTALK, “You were not killed by a player.”)
end
end)[/lua]

Hello, the second version of your code works, but then again it reveals the traitor. The first (edited) version makes bodies disappear when they get killed, any chance you could please fix this? Thank you.

(Also the text doesn’t quiet stand out when you die, making it red would be a real nice addition)

Edit: Also some other script errors in the un edited one, where the whole server… umm breaks.

I’ll realease my personal edit soon :slight_smile: It’s in as a addon, with 3 handy TTT things, Donator weapons, Who dunnit, Scoreboard coloured.

:open_mouth: When can we expect a release on this?

Just gotta fix up a lua print message, im not useing the oringinal lua print due to custom chat bar that i am using, will work on normal chats as well tho.

Awesome, well keep us updated! Thanks.

http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1228340

Happy Downloading