TTT Knife One hit kill help

Ok so I have looked everywhere to get this and none are working. I have the newest version of ttt and Iv tried changing the
SWEP.Primary.Damage = 50 to
SWEP.Primary.Damage = 2000 in the gamemodes errortown\entities\weapons\weapon_ttt_knife\shared.lua but yet it still doesn’t work. Iv even downloaded custom one hit knifes and they still don’t work. I’v also tried to goto entities\entities tt_knife_proj\shared.lua and change
ENT.Damage = 50 to this
ENT.Damage = 2000 Yet it still won’t work. Can someone please help me. Thanks. NOTE: I’v even tried to delete the knife it self and for some reason im still able to use it.

I don’t understand, you deleted everything about the knife and it was still there? Also is this a melee only knife or is it throw able also? More information would help.

Did you update the cache?

This is what I’m doing, I am using the LAN multiplayer to test it. And yes I deleted the weapon_ttt_knife and the ttt_knife_proj and it was still there and I restarted gmod and it was still there. I tried Putting a print message when I equip it, it would show in console but it doesn’t. So my thinking is that they have a basic knife because I did some research there’s some command to make it use the custom one but I cat find it. I know its just that fucked up.

[editline]15th May 2012[/editline]

Didn’t need to it was a LAN multi

[editline]15th May 2012[/editline]

Yep

It’s both my bad

I’m currently having the same issue, figured in stead of making a new thread i’d just bump here to see if I can find the solution!

All you do is change the damage to 100 or whatever.

Step one: terrortown/entities/weapon_ttt_knife/shared.lua
Step two: change damage from 50 to 200
Step three: save and upload the new cache to your fastdl

Could be me, But i went to terrortown/entities/weapon_ttt_knife/ and their’s no shared.lua

this thread is 2 years old, the method is outdated.
But hey, i’m an nice guy.

Thank god we still have nice guys in the world ^^

I hoped the method wasn’t changed, sorry for bumping a 2 year old thread.

Thanks for those links/help gonna check them out now!

edit

I’ve edditted these lines in my server but the damage is still 50, Somehow the server changes the script back to the old default?..

edit 2

Nvm found out that the host does this automatically due the TTT being linked to their database. I’ll override it.

for future reference go to \GMOD\garrysmod\gamemodes errortown\entities\weapons and click weapon_ttt_knife and change its primary damage to anything above 100. It’s the 30th line down.

I know your intentions are good, but please check the thread date before posting! Especially since this is n’t the correct section