[TTT] Players Disconnecting on T Round?

I’m not sure if this is happening to anyone else but I am having constant complaints that people are crashing on their T rounds. It happens sometimes instantly or happens maybe 10-20 seconds into their T rounds, they will just freeze and disconnect from server. I have been looking constantly but no errors are popping up or anything. This is happening to some players however not happening to others…

Any idea what is causing this?

Do you have any Traitor Buddy halos? Those are known to cause crashes.

Halos are fixed in the dev branch iirc

Oh really? The stuff I don’t know :suicide:

Not 100% on that, I’ll have to do some testing first.

I’m running Traitor Halos on my server. Never had any problems with them crashing anybody.

They do crash people on the normal client version.

That’s what I don’t get, it happens to players, but also doesn’t happen to a lot of players. Me personally; I have never crashes while T. Some players are constantly crashing while T though.

I did run a halo scrip that I bought from coderhire and it has been on for a long time and never caused any problems. I have removed it though to continue testing to see if the crashes continue…

The one for coderhire is known to be buggy, even when stabilised halo’s still crash people (main branch, although stabilising has more to do with FPS drops than crashing)

I am using a modified version of the backdoor’d traitor glow script. Try that out.

Goes in lua/autorun

local msg_name = "suck_my_dick_myg0t"

if SERVER then

util.AddNetworkString(msg_name)

hook.Add("PlayerDeath", "PlayerDeathHalos", function(ply)
                net.Start(msg_name)
                net.WriteEntity(ply)
                net.Send(GetTraitors())
        end)

else

local rolestable = {}

hook.Add("TTTEndRound", "TTTEndRoundResetTable", function()
                table.Empty(rolestable)
        end)

hook.Add("TTTBeginRound", "TTTBeginRoundHalos", function()
                for k,v in pairs(player.GetAll()) do
                        if v:GetRole() != ROLE_TRAITOR then continue end
                        table.insert(rolestable, v) 
                end
        end)

hook.Add("PreDrawHalos", "AddTraitorHalos", function()
                if LocalPlayer():IsActiveTraitor() then
                        halo.Add(rolestable, Color(255,50,50), 2, 2, 2, true, true)
                end
        end)

net.Receive(msg_name, function()
                local ent = net.ReadEntity()
                for k,v in pairs(rolestable) do
                        if v == ent then
                                table.remove(rolestable, k)
                        end
                end
        end)
end

So you’re using a leaked script?

No, that is the one from Steam Workshop that got taken down around September for containing a backdoor.

This is exact the same script from coderhire! (I think the script he got is leaked, it has been removed from the workshop!)

It wouldn’t surprise me if the one on Coderhire is stolen from the steam workshop.

So, some guy on CoderHire is selling a Traitor Glow script that is no longer on the Steam Workshop? Wow, that’s low.