TTT Pointshop Player Models are errors (FastDL)

Here is a short version of my question if someone doesn’t want to read the whole post. Give me the simplest way to force my players to download a player model, so it doesn’t show up as an error in the server. I have FastDL set up but I’m unsure how to use it properly (Where should I place the player model files etc.)
So far I have only managed to force players download the model files, but they are still errors.

So now to the detailed explanation…

Hey. Basically I’ve spent last 5 hrs trying to fix this problem on my TTT server and nothing seems to work.

I’m using the newest Pointshop (1.1.0) version and FastDL is not working properly. I’ve added many different hats,heads and masks and they’re fine but player models are errors.

http://puu.sh/cSaC8/f896b6c19a.jpg

I’ve added a file called c_arms_ryuko.lua to my garrysmod/addons/pointshop-1.1.0/lua/pointshop/items/playermodels folder

ITEM.Name = 'c_arms_ryuko'
ITEM.Price = 0
ITEM.Model = 'models/weapons/c_arms_ryuko.mdl'

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
if not ply._OldModel then
ply._OldModel = ply:GetModel()
end

timer.Simple(1, function() ply:SetModel(self.Model) end)
end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
if ply._OldModel then
ply:SetModel(ply._OldModel)
end
end

function ITEM:PlayerSetModel(ply)
ply:SetModel(self.Model)
end

if (SERVER) then
player_manager.AddValidModel( "c_arms_ryuko", "models/weapons/c_arms_ryuko.mdl" )
AddCSLuaFile( "c_arms_ryuko.lua" )
end

list.Set( "PlayerOptionsModel",  "c_arms_ryuko", "models/weapons/c_arms_ryuko.mdl" )

I used fox-warriors resources generator to generate resource.AddFile’s and I created a lua file called forcedownloads.lua to garrysmod/lua/autorun/server folder.
I inserted the player model’s lua,materials and models folder to my garrysmod root directory and when anyone connects to my server it succesfully downloads the player model files but they are still errors for everyone.

Player model/autorun/ryuko.lua

player_manager.AddValidModel( "Ryuuko", "models/player/Ryuko.mdl" )
list.Set( "PlayerOptionsModel", "Ryuuko", "models/player/Ryuko.mdl")
player_manager.AddValidHands( "Ryuuko", "models/weapons/c_arms_ryuko.mdl", 0, "11" )

Any help would be appreciated, I’ve run out of ideas so I decided to create a thread here. Thank you in advance.

Here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/tutoring/server_srcds_steamcmd/fastdl_setup_instructions.lua.html

That’ll show you how to set up fastdl and troubleshoot common problems.

If you want something to automatically resource.AddFile your content, and resource.AddWorkshop all addons, take a look at this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26074909/tutoring/server_srcds_steamcmd/setting_up_downloads_using_recursive_resource_system.lua.html

Hey Acecool, thanks for your reply.
According to your first Dropbox tutorial I’ve set up my FastDL perfectly. I dragged the player models into my garrysmod root directory (materials to materials folder, models to models etc) and I’m still unsure why it doesn’t work. I also tried putting them to the gamemodes/terrortown/content folder like is adviced in your tutorial but they were still errors. The users still download the models when they join for the first time, but they are all errors.

Also could you explain this part more clearly:

When you use resource.AddFile, you’d use the full virtual path instead of say gamemodes/terrortown/content/models/ you’d use models/ etc…

I’d recommend using AddSingleFile as AddFile acts up at times ( which is what my recursive loader does ).

Extracting all of the addons to the main gmod folder is a bad way to do it because addons are meant to stay together. If you do anything, move it to your gamemode/content/ directory and use my resource loader.

Do the files download once, or everytime? If they download once, verify that they are being loaded into the correct folder because if exact path is used then it will appear in that folder in the download/ directory.

Alright I got it to work, thanks a lot man!