Hello there! I’m Alf21 from the TTT2 dev Team, a spiritual successor to the beloved TTT gamemode. A few months ago we applied for keys to start developing a Trouble in Terrorist Town version for S&Box. Sadly we never heard back from them and just today we got the news that the form wasn’t used and keys are distributed over the forums. So here we go!
We imagine a version of TTT in S&Box that is a bit like our current TTT2 for GMod but without all the old elements that make it complicated. TTT Reborn for S&Box will be a gamemode and a framework at the same time. It will be playable on its own, but easily extendable. Be it roles, weapons, or whatever. We’re aware that there are probably other teams working on a TTT version and maybe we all can all work together on this.
Taking up the latter, we already merged with one group that planned creating TTT for S&Box as well with already positive consequences (S&box TTT - #36 by 76561197986029044).
We really hope we can start soon. Therefore we’d appreciate at least one key, a key for every developer in our team would be even better though.
But now something about TTT2 for those that are not aware of it:
- we have about 100k active subscribers on steam and 125k downloads
- we have one of the most starred GMod related project on GitHub
- our discord community is really active, many GMod/TTT addons that are created these days are related to us
- in the last three years we got some joint projects with many content creators with huge audiences
- we are a developer team of
fiveseven, focused on an open-source community collaboration
- from the community, for the community
- experienced in game development and programming, including C#, JS and CSS
- experience with project management due to years of university, work and other modding projects
Our dev team:
TTT2 features that we’d like to bring to S&Box:
(Integrated weapon pickup / change system)
(reworked and modern menu system with full localization)
(highly customizable with the use of UI based settings)
(dynamic colors supported through themes)
(rich display of role information)
(detailed lists of all events happening in a round)
(dynamic HUD switching / rendering)
You can find more features of TTT2 (like a shop editor, deep engine integrations, …) on our workshop page linked below.
Where to find us (TTT2 for Garry’s Mod):
- Steam: Steam Workshop::TTT2 (Base) - v0.8.2b - New Roles, Extensible, Better Performance, ULX Support
- GitHub: GitHub - TTT-2/TTT2: Trouble in Terrorist Town 2 (Advanced Update) for Garry's Mod (gmod)
- Discord: https://discord.gg/Npcbb4W
What we already did in TTT Reborn (for S&Box):
- Source code based on already existing s&box projects: GitHub - AMastryukov/sbox-ttt: TTT Gamemode for S&Box
- UI Source: GitHub - Westsaid/sbox-ttt-design
- UI Showcase: https://ttt.mastryukov.com/
Mockups of planned features:
The latter images are just mockups, this is no final version nor implemented via code.