TTT Reborn for S&Box

TTT2 is so much more than the normal TTT mode. It is amazing what they could even achieve with the given restrictions in Gmod using TTT as a base. That is why we need a TTT2 successor in S&box instead of a simple TTT port with small improvements. Imagine what it could become in addition to TTT2 with the role and class support, custom shops and all those additional information menus that we already have in TTT2. I am so incredibly hyped.

9 Likes

It would be awesome if you would develop TTT2, actually one of the best add-ons for Gmod, also for S&box.
With what you’ve already done in TTT2, I don’t think there’s anyone who knows the gameplay and programming aspects of the game mode better than you guys.

7 Likes

I made an account on this forum just to say how great TTT2 is and that I hope all of the devs get Access to S&Box. I used to play Vanilla TTT back in the days and came back to it during the pandemic as a way to interact with my friends in lockdown. We used TTT2 from the get-go and all the improvements are great, all of us enjoyed them. Whenever I had any questions (even not strictly related to TTT2) the discord-community and devteam was super helpful and friendly. Looking forward to what you will make.

6 Likes

I am hoping a more feature rich TTT like this is the gamemode that ends up taking off on S&Box. Good luck guys!

6 Likes

Can’t wait next week for someone to make thread for TTT3

2 Likes

Honestly, all power to them! Maybe they come up with some cool new ideas.

6 Likes

I’m really excited for this! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hoping both of the teams that are trying to work on TTT work together on this!

8 Likes

We will probably work together on this. I don’t want to promise anything right now, but we are talking right now!

9 Likes

I’m personally throwing my weight behind this instance of TTT. They have done great work with their TTT2 addon with the original GMod, creating one of the most polished addons I have seen in my years of playing. As both a developer and a user, my experience with these developers and their work has been nothing but great.

6 Likes

Like many have probably already seen, we merged this project with the other attempt linked in the first comment. From now on, the project will live in this thread.

9 Likes

That’s great to hear!
Can’t wait for s&box to actually be listed on Steam for the public early access so I can get servers up for TTT!

6 Likes

Absolutely. But first we need access so we can create this gamemode!

4 Likes

Hey,

If you are interested in anymore programmers, feel free to ping me. I have 8+ months professional experience working on an extremely popular Unity mobile game. Also, thousands of hours spent on the original TTT mod.

Contact info can be found on my github / personal website.
Otherwise, good luck on the project! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

6 Likes

I made a cool little logo
ttreborn

4 Likes

I can’t wait to win as T in less than a minute by strafing everyone and bhopping. I reminisce over these days.

3 Likes

Thank you for your work! Right now we don’t need a logo and we have to see in which direction it develops. However if you’re interested in contributing graphics (icons/logos/…) to the new gamemode, feel free to join our discord and we add you to the volunteer section.

1 Like

If you guys are going to host this on GitHub I’ll definitely contribute something at some point.

5 Likes

It will be open source and on GitHub, yes!

6 Likes

I already love to imagine how nice it will be to play TTT Reborn. Just because its TTT but in another game.
I bet the community will do great with this.

4 Likes

I love this

4 Likes