TTT Server Suddenly Has Slow Downloads

Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong section but I saw nowhere else to put it.

I run a small TTT server and despite having next to no Lua knowledge, it is going rather well.

Recently (past few days) players have reported having extremely slow loading times. It seems like everybody’s download speed is being limited. Players are having to wait 10 or 15 minutes to download a new map, and 5 or so minutes to download the temporary map graph files when joining on maps they already have.

I believe it is a problem with the FastDL because some players have been receiving Missing Map errors when trying to download maps that have worked for others in the past.

The only change I have made to the server in the past week was adding around 30% more maps to the server. There were no issues with this until 4-5 days later when this issue started. I have since removed all addons apart from maps, and I have also tried removing lots of maps in case the FastDL was overloaded, the problem still persists.

Does anybody know what I can do to fix this? The only options I can think of is either getting a new server and transferring things across, or wiping the current server completely. Once again, I have next to no knowledge of lua coding or detailed knowledge about the ins and outs of the server so apologies if I have made a clear mistake or I do not understand your responses.

:frowning:

Are the files actually being downloaded? Sometimes if you’re missing a file and it’s not on the FastDL directory, GMod will just spend like a minute trying to find it

It’s hit or miss whether files are downloaded or not. Sometimes players get missing map errors, other times they download the map fine but it takes a long time.