TTT Server VIP?

Hey everyone, so I’m making a TTT server, and I’ve almost got the server set up except that I need to add VIP ranks/perks, but I don’t know how to do this. The only YouTube video I could find was about making it for a gamemode, and I couldn’t find anything in Google, so I’m stuck. Does anyone know how to do this? EDIT: I want to make it so when people donate a certain amount of money they will be able to purchase better weapons in the t shop or detective shop (e.g. The Nyan Gun, its very OP and should be donated for)

User groups?

Well sort of, like they would get “VIP” rank and it would allow them to purchase special weapons in the traitor shop that non-VIP would be unable to access.

This code will be your friend if you want donations

[lua]if ply:IsUserGroup(“vip”)[/lua]

Ok, thanks, but how would I make it to where they can only get a certain weapon from the traitor shop if they’re VIP?

if ply:IsUserGroup("vip") then
buy blablalba
else
return end

I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but I’m fairly new to lua, so where would I put that code?

Don’t put that code anywhere, its nonsense. I’ll help you when I get home.

Thats not the real code, just an example.
The first line and last two lines are correct however you need to edit / make your own function for buying the weapon or item.

Are you using the pointshop ? then you should use this instead

ITEM.Name = 'weapon name here'
ITEM.Price = 500
ITEM.Model = 'worldmodel.mdl'
ITEM.WeaponClass = 'weapon class'
ITEM.AllowedUserGroups = { "admin", "donator", "superadmin", "vip_moderator", "vip_chief_moderator" }
ITEM.SingleUse = false or true

function ITEM:OnBuy(ply)
	ply:Give(self.WeaponClass)
	ply:SelectWeapon(self.WeaponClass)
end

function ITEM:OnSell(ply)
	ply:StripWeapon(self.WeaponClass)
end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
	ply:StripWeapon(self.WeaponClass)
end

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply)
	ply:Give(self.WeaponClass)
	ply:SelectWeapon(self.WeaponClass)
end

No not pointshop just the traitor shop (for TTT)

Then you have to edit the TTT Gamemode and what not.
Add the usergroup check into the functions that give the items from the traitor shop.

I believe gamemode/weaponry.lua is the file you’d want to look into, the order equipment concommand specifically.
Although if you’re going to edit the core files, you need to know what you’re doing.
Honestly though, the idea you’re suggesting is practically making your server pay to win, which in the long run is just going to hurt it.

No, you dont. Looter posted a while back in a thread this:

No… It doesn’t even really have a place in TTT whatsoever. TTT is meant to be subtle, not go all around throwing “Nyan Cats” around.