TTT Spectator Deathmatch

Hey guys, I’m finally releasing my SpecDM. Coderhire is down I think it’s probably the most leaked Coderhire addon (it’s literally everywhere), so that won’t change much. I know scriptfodder is a nice alternative but I don’t have time to update my scripts and provide support anymore.

Github

Description

This addon allows dead players to enter a deathmatch mode with each other. The living players won’t be able to see or hear you, and you’ll be given a random primary/secondary to battle each other with. Find the other “Ghosts” and kill them. This continues until the end of the current round. To enter or leave the deathmatch, type !deathmatch into chat.

Some features

• Statistics. Screenshot
  • Loadout on F1. Screenshot
  • Easy to config : command name, enabling/disabling loadout, pointshop rewards, popup after dying, rank restriction, etc…
  • Visual effect : the world is grey and only ghosts are colored. Screenshot
  • Includes Dota2-like quake sounds (killstreak sounds).
  • Creates a new scoreboard section to see the list of spectator deathmatch players.

How to install : Just drop the TTT_Spectator_Deathmatch folder to addons/. And don’t forget to update your FastDL (or use the workshop) and edit the specdm_config.lua file!

reported leaking scripts LOL

edit: nice release

Well that’s a shame for people who bought it.

Badass!! Hopefully people will start creating plugins and stuff for it as well as general improvements now that its on Github

Prepare for the amount of incoming rage from those who purchased it (Even though I did too, I got it super cheap on sale xD)!

-Snip- Stupid Question

Not my problem if some people don’t understand why it’s released.

Created a pull request… :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice to see this released.

Also isn’t there already a command for !dm alongside !deathmatch? I have it in my server and it works fine.

That pullrequest just changed the order so that when you die it says type !dm instead of !deathmatch, since !dm is shorter. This doesn’t add/remove any commands.

Nice tommy :slight_smile:

Can you help tommy? Its your addon.
http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1427491&p=46101258#post46101258

Having this error. Have never occurred until I installed SpecDM

[ERROR] lua/vgui/dimage.lua:153: attempt to index local 'Mat' (a nil value)
  1. FixVertexLitMaterial - lua/vgui/dimage.lua:153
   2. SetImage - lua/vgui/dimage.lua:131
    3. SetIcon - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/vgui/simpleicon.lua:69
     4. ShowSearchScreen - addons/ttt-custom-ui/lua/overrides/cl_search.lua:204
      5. func - addons/ttt-custom-ui/lua/overrides/cl_search.lua:306
       6. unknown - lua/includes/modules/net.lua:32

Welp seems that guy who was cloning this in Exho’s thread wasted a good deal of effort :c

it was c+p ~3 files until tommy called him out, then the guy abandoned the project after changing it afaik

hmm, receiving error

[ERROR] lua/includes/modules/draw.lua:72: ‘HealthAmmo’ isn’t a valid font

1. SetFont - [C]:-1
  2. SimpleText - lua/includes/modules/draw.lua:72
    3. ShadowedText - addons/ttt_spectator_deathmatch-master/lua/cl_specdm_hud.lua:4
    4. unknown - addons/ttt_spectator_deathmatch-master/lua/cl_specdm_hud.lua:107

Same here :confused:

A bit of a lazy solution, take the Wiki page’s example of surface.CreateFont and modify it, so HealthAmmo is now valid:

Glad to see this got released, one of my favorite works from Tommy, he is a great guy and a great coder as well :slight_smile:

Anyone have any idea about this one?

[ERROR] lua/vgui/dimage.lua:153: attempt to index local 'Mat' (a nil value)
  1. FixVertexLitMaterial - lua/vgui/dimage.lua:153
   2. SetImage - lua/vgui/dimage.lua:131
    3. SetIcon - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/vgui/simpleicon.lua:69
     4. ShowSearchScreen - addons/ttt-custom-ui/lua/overrides/cl_search.lua:204
      5. func - addons/ttt-custom-ui/lua/overrides/cl_search.lua:306
       6. unknown - lua/includes/modules/net.lua:32