Two little questions

Hello,

First question/problem:

I have a client lua file into gamemode/modules/vgui and i want to include the database file who is into gamemode/modules.
How to navigate in differents folder like that ?

Last question/problem:

In a derma panel/label, i want to write player data like level, money…
So, how to receive data from server to client ?

Thanks.

I’d recommend setting up a single inclusion file - I use cl_init.lua to include sh_init.lua and init.lua to AddCSLuaFile sh_init.lua and cl_init.lua and include sh_init.lua

in sh_init.lua I have an autoloader which automatically includes ( based off of reading all files in a directory to load hooks which provide the autoloader with rules to follow for inclusion of files )…

That may be a bit more than you’re looking for - but I’d recommend you do something similar, up to the point of just before the autoloader and put your includes / AddCSLuaFile calls in it that way you have a perfect load-order that doesn’t need to be repeated and you always know the exact load-order you’re running… You will need to use if SERVER / CLIENT then … end… for server vs client ( which I recommend to put underneath shared files depending how you have it all set up )…

That’s an example of using a helper-function to include files by giving a file-name and the realm where it will be included and it’ll handle the appropriate calls so it is only 1 line and there is no need for if SERVER / CLIENT then lines…

As for derma - it is likely you will already have the money, etc… data on the client-side - if not, here is a way to design a currency system properly which has everything integrated except load and save ( just add something like file.write( “money/” … _p:UniqueID( ) … “.txt”, _p:Money( ), “DATA” ); for the saving and _p:SetMoney( ( tonumber( file.Read( “money/” … _p:UniqueID( ) … “.txt”, “DATA” ) || “0” ) ) ); to load… the || “0” will set the default currency to 0 on loading…

then _p:Money( ); where you want it to appear…