Tycho Magnetic Anomaly 1 (Monolith)

http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?a=view&id=35455
Video, thanks to nater:

This is the Monolith found on the Moon in the book/film 2001: A Space Odyssey. It does very nasty things to contraptions that get too close to it…

Licensed under the GPL. See download link for installation instructions.

Erm… What does this do? It feels like when I first looked at the Completely Harmless Companion Cube SENT release thread…

I’ll make a video when I get home (hour or so), just because I’m nice. :slight_smile: Plus, a thread over run by

Sucks.

Try flying a ship or contraption within 1000 units of it, and watch what happens. I’ll add the actual effect into the download. Also, thanks in advance for the video.

For a minute I was expecting a crystal that constantly speaks to you in russian, and grants ironic wishes!

It attacks you I think.

well it is the monolith… did any one here read the book? god.

any way,

looks cool DL now.

Obviously no one read the book.

I could go on and on about Darkfriends and Aes Sedai and almost nobody would have a clue what I was talking about. Mind telling us what it actually is / does?

On second thought, now that I think about it, me and my friend got some…stuff, and we might be doing…things, so it might be a bit longer than I thought. :ninja:

Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monolith
It tells you about it there.

Unfortunately, I could not think of a way for it to terraform Jupiter. Now that I think about it, this would be really annoying if set up in Spacebuild…

Robert Jordan fucking owns.

I’m on Lord Of Chaos right now.

It’s a shame RJ died.

:frowning:

I just finished Knife of Dreams two weeks ago - I want closure :(. If it gets finished, it just will not be the same.

I have to try this when I get home, just to see if it’s as epic as the wiki sounds :excited:.

Short and sweet videos are my favorite, also great when you’re looking for stuff to download. :slight_smile:

So it unwelds props around it?

And eats the things that collide with it, I think that’s it.

Conan was better.

yaaaaay wheel of time :keke:

A nice anomaly for spacebuild(not just empty dull planets.).
but it still just unwelds stuff, and eats it? any more cool stuff it does?