[Ubuntu] Gmod's mounted games fight one another?

I recently installed Ubuntu 14.10 as my main OS on my laptop and I have Half-Life 2 Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal 2 installed on my linux laptop.

Now the problem is HL2 EP 2 and Portal 2 are fighting on who gets to be mounted in the list, once I got Portal 2 to be mounted then EP2 kicked it out to be mounted instead.

My mount.cfg:

"mountcfg"
{
	// "cstrike"	"C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source Dedicated Server\cstrike"
	// "tf"			"C:\mytf2server	f"
 	// "portal2"		"portal2" 
        // "ep2"		"ep2" 
       	// "episodic"		"episodic"

and my mountdepots.txt:

"gamedepotsystem"
{
	"cstrike"		"1"
	"dod"			"1"
	"ep2"			"1"
	"episodic"		"1"
	"hl2"			"1"
	"hl2mp"			"1"
	"lostcoast"		"1"
	"portal"		"1"
	"portal 2"		"1"
	"tf"			"1"
}

what mount errors am I doing wrong, I want Portal 2 mounted for the real Portal Gun Swep that requires Portal 2 to work correctly and HL2 EP2 content just to add more npcs with.

your directories are incorrect they’re for windows

not linux

and that is why you’re having massive issues

Removed the first two items and EP2 is still where Portal 2 was.
A screenshot to show what I mean.
Plus now, Flatgrass and Construct have no name nor picture, I did use that HTML mini fix because every time I would click on the gamepad for games mounting Gmod’s menu was un-clickable.
HTML mini fix for linux: https://github.com/Facepunch/garrysmod-issues/issues/86 Simon311’s post

delete your mountconfig + mountdepost and verify integrity and let it re-download again and then start gmod back up and make sure hl2, portal 2, ep2 and any other game you want to use is started first before you start gmod

[editline]19th May 2015[/editline]

right saw the edit
yeah this looks like a very much long and standing awesomium bug and to be honest it probably isn’t going to get fixed

so i guess we do have to mount it the hardway let me boot into my ubuntu partition and make one that works

but really it should just auto detect and be ok with it but clearly not

[editline]19th May 2015[/editline]

Okay I see a flaw in my responses but this is strange.

So in your OP your mountcfg was 100% commented out which means nothing was mounting at all

//
// Use this file to mount additional paths to the filesystem
// DO NOT add a slash to the end of the filename
//

"mountcfg"
{
	 "cstrike"	"~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Source/cstrike"
	// "tf2"		"~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf2"
	 "episodic"	"~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Half-Life 2/episodic"
	 "hl2"		"~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Half-Life 2/hl2"
	 "ep2"		"~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Half-Life 2/ep2
	// "portal"		"~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Portal/portal
	 "portal2"	"~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Portal 2/portal2"
}

the following in the code should mount portal 2, hl2, episodic,ep2 and cstrike

however only cstrike and hl2 are mounting, no episodic, ep2 or portal 2

remove // btw the // means it wont read this line

Still only mounting HL2 EP2 and TF2 in games list, going to verify my game right now.

Edit: Nope still only the two I said earlier, and i did edit my mount.cfg file to yours, BTW, thanks for that code.

We need to figure out a way on getting around this whilst not even touching awesomium. We should be able to mount whatever the hell we want with the mount.cfg and doing this usually works out, so unless I’m over looking something.

Could it be the permission sets in my steamapps folder, all folders are drwxrwxr-x

No. They’ve been set up so that they should read and write and allow access by anyone as well as execute which is the important one.

It’s reading HL2+Ep2 and TF2 and they are all set up the same so this isn’t at all a permission issue.

I’ll do some more testing tomorrow and if I find something out, I’ll edit this post.:slight_smile:

edit: SUCESS, I got Portal 2, Half-Life 2 Episode 2 and Team Fortress 2 to mount, it was in the mountdepots.txt file fault
was:

"gamedepotsystem"
{
	"hl2"		"1"
	"cstrike"		"1"
	"tf"		"1"
	"ep2"		"1"
}

now:

"gamedepotsystem"
{
	"hl2"		"1"
	"cstrike"		"1"
	"tf"		"1"
	"ep2"		"1"
	"portal"		"1"
	"portal2"		"1"
}

and after that edit:

Cool. Now we can mount it the way it should be mounting. I will however jump on github and reference this if this isn’t already. Might be a really quick fix.