A Custom Global Ban System designed to be used only with ULX & ULib Garry’s Mod servers.
- This is my first public release.
- UDB Module: A powerful tool to work with your database.
- Server ID: When your server starts, it checks for configurations to your IP:PORT. If it’s not it’ll create it and assign the server an ID. If it is it’ll assign the server an existing ID.
- Bans: This addon Hijack the ULib function to add a ban, and inserts it into the MySQL Database.
- Information: When a user has been banned, all the available information saved in the MySQL Database. Each time your server is started, the hostname is automatically updated in the MySQL database.
- Template Support!
- Clusters: You can combine your ban lists in clusters.
Why is this needed?
You can use this as a online ban list for your site. Also for the global ban for your servers.
Why this not work?
Most likely, You forgot to enable the UDB module in configs.
Why information is not insert to database?
MySQLOO works using a Lua Think hook, Think isn’t ran until after the first player has connected - simply join the server or run the “bot” console command. Note that all the queries will be ran in the correct order when the first player connects, so you don’t have to move everything to a PlayerInitialSpawn hook. If you have a custom hook system, make sure the “MySqlOO::Poll” Think hook isn’t being interfered with. Make sure you’re not returning anything in any other Think hooks.
- To learn English.
- Reverse conversion.
- Drink vodka and play balalaika.
[0.24b] [Fixed] Shameful security hole :( [0.21b] [Fixed] skip banned player. [Fixed] refresh xgui bans. [0.2b] [Added] check UGB version on game server. [Added] config to skip removing expired bans. [Added] configs of sorting in site module.. [Added] command to convert bcool bans to ugb. [Added] config name of table in site module. [Added] Utility commands. [Fixed] showing reason in permanently bans. [Added] new bugs :) [0.1b] First release.
Game Server: Place the addon ‘ugb’, in your servers addons folder. Inside the ‘ugb’ folder, under ‘lua’ edit the file *_config.lua to your needs.
WebSite: Place the ‘ugb_site’, in your website folder. Inside the ‘ugb_site’ folder, edit the file config.php to your needs.
ugb refresh - Forced refresh ban list ( The reverse conversion is not supported. Not yet ).
ugb convert_ulx - Covert ulx bans to global bans.
ugb convert_bcool - Convert bcool bans to ugb ( Cluster will be set from current server, Existing bans will be updated. ).
Fierce criticism is welcome
Sorry if there are mistakes.
Please note, this is a beta release. Use at your own risk!
Some resources are taken from this topic: http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1231554
P.S. Just in case, make a copy of data/ulib/bans.txt