Ultimate Survivor, a fast-paced & fun Gamemode

TL;DR:

We want to make a fast-paced shooter gamemode with overpowered weapons, synthwave music, explosions and juicy movement mechanics.

Long way:

We’re a small team called “Utopia Games”. A few years ago we released our first gamemode for Garry’s Mod, Slashers, an asymmetrical horror gamemode.

Setup

For our next project, we had the idea of creating a fast-paced shooter gamemode with a slight touch of Battle Royale game type.

We call it “Ultimate Survivor !”, for the context, you play as a contender in a retro-futuristic tv show inspired by the pop culture of the 80’s & 90’s where you have to fight to be the last player standing.

Gameplay

The gameplay is very dynamic by allowing the players to move fast with their free-running abilities and using many overpowered weapons.

At the beginning of each game, resources spawn randomly on the map and each player is spawning around the map and must hurry to collect stuff. After a few minutes, the map size starts to decrease and some buildings are removed from the map to force players to kill each other faster.

While you play, a radio in the background plays Synthwave music, putting you in the mood to kill your opponents with style.

If there are only two players left, they are teleported in the dueling arena with a random weapon to decide who’s gonna be the ultimate survivor.

Current project status

We made a fully playable prototype on Garry’s Mod a few months (years) ago but due to our personal life back then we never had the opportunity to finish it properly so we thought of working on this again, but this time on S&Box.

Key selling points

• Juicy dynamic gameplay

• Synthwave musics

• Over the top retro atmosphere

Prototype’s Media

Gameplay video (no commentary):

Gameplay with baguette french commentary:

And a few screenshots :

Screenshots

Credits:

@Steinman
@DarylWinters
@Kotus
@Mayer
@Goret
@CptSprite

69 Likes

Awesome ! I hope you wiil have your key !
The few time I played your gamemode were insane !
I can’t wait to see you develop this idea ^^ :+1::fist_right:

3 Likes

I remember seeing you guys working on it a while ago, glad to hear you’ll be porting it to S&box.

4 Likes

Glad you are considering putting it on S&box, can’t wait to play it. :ok_hand:

6 Likes

It’s really cool that you make it on S&box. It seems to be very fun, I can’t wait to play it ! :smiley:

4 Likes

A project that deserves its place on S&BOX

5 Likes

You’re a mad man.

I’m in.

4 Likes

Quite possibly, one of the best looking gamemodes I’ve ever seen, the main reason being that this actually makes use of gmod was made for.

9 Likes

I would love to see it come out!

3 Likes

Woaw it’s amazing !

3 Likes

Incredible project! It would be really cool to see this gamemode on S&Box!

4 Likes

Looks great and probably plays great. Seems a bit like quake fast paced gameplay

3 Likes

That’s the idea yeah :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool !

3 Likes

Amazing Idea, I look forward to see that in game !

3 Likes

It’s gonna be very nice on sandbox.
Good Luck !

2 Likes

Good job :wink: and good luck for your project

2 Likes

Played it and greatly approved ! Especially fun when people are raging in voice chat when you kill them :joy:

4 Likes

I hope you will get your key you deserve it!
You do a great job.

2 Likes

Very interesting this mode!
I will be among the first to test it I hope XD

1 Like