ULX Command returning "expected then near =" error

Hey guys,

So I’ve been doing some work on a ULX command for Garry’s Mod (ofc). Pretty much the user inputs how much they wish to “bet” from their pool of points, and a math.random round is done to pull up a random number. If that number in ends in a multiple of 11 then their initial investment is multiplied by 10 and added back to their pool of points. I’m completely stuck; I’ve written the code but I have no idea why it isn’t working. For reference:

function ulx.roll (calling_ply, points)
calling_ply.points =  calling_ply.points or 0
calling_ply.points = calling_ply.points - points
calling_ply.victory = (points*10)

function f(n)
print(n % 100 % 11 == 0)

end

if f(ran) = true 
	ulx.fancyLogAdmin( calling_ply, "#A rolled #ran! #calling_ply.victory", points )
	calling_ply.points = calling_ply.points + calling_ply.victory

else

ulx.fancyLogAdmin( calling_ply, "#A rolled #ran", points )
end
end
local ran = (math.random(000001, 1000000))
print(ran)
f(ran)

local roll = ulx.command("Multi", "ulx roll", ulx.roll, "!roll")
roll:defaultAccess(ULib.ACCESS_ALL)
roll:addParam{ type=ULib.cmds.NumArg, default=1, hint="rolling", ULib.cmds.round}
roll:help("Roll for a chance to win big!.")

Does anyone have an idea? Completely hit a roadblock.

Change

if f(ran) = true

To

if f(ran) == true then

After an if you should always put a then and to check if a variable is equal to something you should use two equals instead of one

[editline]13th December 2015[/editline]

Also, you should never create a function inside another function

[lua]–always indent, notepad++ and sublime both have an autoindent under “edit”

function ulx.roll (calling_ply, points)
local p = calling_ply.PS2_Wallet.points --changed this to display ps2 points
if p > points then return false end --with your current system people with less money than what they are betting could still particiapte, this line fixes that
calling_ply:PS2_AddStandardPoints(-points, “FROM !ROLL”)
–calling_ply.points = calling_ply.points - points don’t know what this line is doing, commented out
local victory = (points*10) --reward? not clear
local ran = (math.random(000001, 1000000)) – this is fine

local didYouWin = (ran % 100 % 11 == 0) --this is a boolean saying whether or not the cp won, doesn't need brackets but i put em there anyway

if didYouWin then -- don't need "if x == true then", in lua you can do if x then, it means the same thing
    ulx.fancyLogAdmin( calling_ply, "#A rolled #s, they won #s points", ran, victory ) --fancylog is really confusing just ignore this
    calling_ply:PS2_AddStandardPoints(victory, "FROM !ROLL")

else

ulx.fancyLogAdmin( calling_ply, "#A rolled #s", ran )
    end

end

local roll = ulx.command(“Multi”, “ulx roll”, ulx.roll, “!roll”)
roll:addParam{ type=ULib.cmds.NumArg, default=1, hint=“amount to bet”, ULib.cmds.round}
roll:help(“Roll for a chance to win big!.”)[/lua]

EDIT: he was using this for pointshop 2 btw, which is why i added those ps2 functions

I’m new to lua and i’ve tried to make a pointshop (original with a skin) version of this but have had trouble not sure why this is my code:

[lua]function ulx.roll (calling_ply, points)
        local p = calling_ply:PS_GetPoints() --changed this to display points
		if p > points then return false end --with your current system people with less money than what they are betting could still particiapte, this line fixes that
        calling_ply:PS_TakePoints(points)
        --calling_ply.points = calling_ply.points - points don't know what this line is doing, commented out
        local victory = (points*2) --reward? not clear
        local ran = (math.random(000001, 1000000)) -- this is fine

local didYouWin = (ran % 100 % 11 == 0) --this is a boolean saying whether or not the cp won, doesn't need brackets but i put em there anyway

if didYouWin then -- don't need "if x == true then", in lua you can do if x then, it means the same thing
        ulx.fancyLogAdmin( calling_ply, "#A rolled #s, they won #s points", ran, victory ) --fancylog is really confusing just ignore this
        calling_ply:PS_GivePoints(victory)
        else
                ulx.fancyLogAdmin( calling_ply, "#A rolled #s", ran )
        end
end

local roll = ulx.command("Betting", "ulx roll", ulx.roll, "!roll")
roll:addParam{ type=ULib.cmds.NumArg, min=500, max=1000000, default=500, hint="amount to bet", ULib.cmds.round}
roll:help("Roll for a chance to win big!.")[/lua]

sorry for any errors was in a rush.

so whats the problem that occurs? also remove the html from the code tags

the problem is nothing, no points are taken, no points are given, nothing in chat happens and no errors in the logs

[editline]15th February 2016[/editline]

Also Splerge, on poseidon deathrun how did you get Kmapvote to work i’ve tried for ages but could not find any solution,

[editline]15th February 2016[/editline]

Never mind i fixed the betting but it only works sometimes