ULX !Faggot & !UnFaggot

Well, I have a friend that requested I make this… So I did…

Turns out to be loads of fun and quite hilarious.

This addon adds two ULX commands.
!faggot <ply>
!unfaggot <ply>

The result? Large red text above selected players heads that read, well, you guessed it, “Faggot!”

I feel like more could be done with this so please report back <3

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171670335
This is not meant to offend anyone and I apologize if you have been offended. If you have, please feel free to slap me up side the head.
https://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+fag&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

Homophobia is for faggots.

^Somehow I knew this was going to happen :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m right there with you. It was a request and they didn’t mind if I released it. So I released it.

It’s more of a donor/fun/punishment command.

Lol :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not gay, but I do get a little irritated when I see the overused homophobic slurs used often to substitute creativity like “poopnose,” or “dingleberry,” or “buttface.” I wouldn’t use them myself, unless impersonating a child, but you get the point.

This is not meant to offend anyone and I apologize if you have been offended. If you have, please feel free to slap me up side the head.

Wasn’t me who was offended. I just misread you as a homophobe, or someone who overly uses the term ‘faggot’ or ‘fag.’

Was more of a post for future onlookers :slight_smile:

what a straight insult

holy shit I know you I sent you a msg kklouzal

OIGHT LAV WANT A PACK OF ME FAGS?

Is somehow like the idea. Yet I feel like its done wrong. What if you can make it so that you can choose for what text you place above the players head? This way you can still offend your members (Not saying that I do) or praise them. It would add a multitouch to the command.

I’m the kind of guy that doesn’t like the term “faggot”. I picture it in terms of “annoying prick” or whatever, but because a lot of others don’t view it the same way and it’s vulgarity, I don’t really appreciate the word.

For more of an explanation, take a note from Louie. Freakin’ love this guy, but note that these guys are extremely vulgar and descriptive. Put some headphones on:

I’m not mad at you or anything, but what makes it hard to appreciate this addon is the power of context. It doesn’t have any. There’s no way to detect whether or not it’s homophobic. There’s no punchline because the word “faggot” is the punchline, and so it defaults to being offensive.

Even the people that say the word “faggot” without being homophobic and legitimately being funny still hurts people who (as said in the video) have probably been in a traumatizing situation where the word has been used.

So that’s my explanation. Perhaps add a setting to change the command name and text and have the defaults be set to something else.

It’s just a stupid addon. If you don’t like it, it’s not hard to change what text is displayed over the person’s head; takes like 1 second to modify the code. Or, you can not download it at all.

Does that mean we’re not allowed to discuss it?

This is Gamemode & Addon Releases. You can discuss and argue in a PM or Mass Debate…

Yes.

What’s wrong with being a meatball?

Discuss it here all you want. I didn’t know how else to explain it. Not to mention I was dead tired when I made the OP but aside from that. I have gay friends, their nice. People need to learn the definition of “Fag”, everyone takes it out of context.

I’m bisexual mind you, But yea this addon to ulx wasn’t intended to offend anyone, It was made for just fun reasons, not to tease or offend anyone. Like seriously if anyone takes offense to this its just them ruining their own fun.

That’s the problem with the world.
You can choose to bitch and moan about every little thing, or you can sit back, chill, and laugh your ass off because of how ridiculous the situation is.

[editline]23rd August 2013[/editline]

King’d just for the sake of things.

[editline]23rd August 2013[/editline]

And before someone gets pissy and points it out, I am a chronic debator and will dig both of our graves while ranting and raving about whether or not grass is actually green.