ULX Source Bans Module

Ok this is a module for ULX. It will make SourceBans and ULX work together. I made it so it’s easy to install and config.

News
There are still alot of bugs but they are getting fixed as you read this.

Demo
Here is my servers running the module.
sban.fundk.net

How it works

1. You make your groups on the servers with ULX.
  2. You add your groups to sourcebans, the same name as the ULX groups
  3. You add your admins to sourcebans and assign the right group to the admin.
  4. You join the server and the module will add the admin to the right group on the server.
  5. If you remove a admin from sourcebans, then next time the admin joins he will lose his admin/mod/rank

Commands
sm_rehash
Reloads the admins live on the server

Todo

• ULX Users sync command
  • ULX Bans Converter

Installing
For 0.2.0a and up

For 0.1.7a and down
!!!You need to have mysqloo installed on your server Click Here to see how!!!

1. Download the ULX module
  2. Put the modules folder into /addons/ulx/lua/ulx/
  3. Config the /addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sban.lua to your needs
  4. Restart the server
  5. Enjoy

Upgrade

1. Download the ULX module
  2. Put the modules folder into /addons/ulx/lua/ulx/ and overwrite the old once
  3. Reconfigure the /addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sban.lua to your needs
  4. Restart the server
  5. Enjoy

Download
ULX Source Bans v0.2.3a.zip
ULX Source Bans v0.2.2a.zip
ULX Source Bans v0.2.1a.zip
ULX Source Bans v0.2.0a.zip
ULX Source Bans v0.1.7a.zip
ULX Source Bans v0.1.6a.zip
ULX Source Bans v0.1.5a.zip
ULX Source Bans v0.1.4a.zip
ULX Source Bans v0.1.3a.zip
ULX Source Bans v0.1.2a.zip
ULX Source Bans v0.1.1a.zip

FAQ
Q: Is SourceBans v2.0 supported
A: No im sorry but v2.0 is to not supported atm

Changelog

Looking forward to this one. The other ulx global bans module thing causes a lot of lag, something with reliable buffer overload.

Would I be able to turn my current ulx bans list into the sbans one?

Is it the default ULX ban list? I can properly make a converter for that.

Ok the first version is out :smiley:

Enjoy

Wait, does this sync bans or is it JUST for syncing groups?

Yes, I assume most people use the default one and it would be great if it would auto-convert them. I already had ulx groups made and I made the exact same ones on sourcebans. Do I manually need to add each and every single vip/member/operator/admin/superadmin? Or can it use my current userlist for ulx groups?

“Yes” i makes a new system for checking if a player is banned. But you have to use the sban or sbanid command for it to work

I will a converter for bans :slight_smile:

For now yes you will have to added manually. But again i will try to make a converter for that, Or make a command to sync the ULX users list with the Sourcebans Database.

Why don’t you instead use the function ULib.addBan so your system works with the basic ban command? It’s made for such things.
More info here: Player - ULib

ULib.addBan is not using the soucrebans Database, it’s only local banning the player on the server. Or am i misunderstanding your point?

What about other ranks such as vip? They wont really get any powers but their rank is stripped on join anyways. Would be awesome if it would make use of everything you currently have on ULX, bans,groups,users.

Since you already said you’re making them then that’s something to look forward to.

The plan was to make that today :confused: but i have had alot of problems with my server. i will try to make it for tomorrow :slight_smile:

ouldn’t include file ‘includes\modules\mysqloo.lua’ (File not found) (@addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sban.lua (line 5))

[ERROR] addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sban.lua:5: Module not found!

1. require - [C]:-1
  2. unknown - addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sban.lua:5
  3. include - [C]:-1
  4. unknown - addons/ulx/lua/ulx/init.lua:28
  5. include - [C]:-1
  6. unknown - addons/ulx/lua/ulib/modules/ulx_init.lua:2
  7. include - [C]:-1
  8. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/init.lua:75
  9. include - [C]:-1
  10. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/autorun/ulib_init.lua:3

any help?

You installed the MySQLoo module incorrect.

I’ve looked on how to install it, but its not working. Can someone make a video to make this MUCH MUCH more easy for people like me?

There is already a installation guide which is easy in the MySQLoo thread. Follow that. Also, your problems’s aren’t related to this addon.

Alright, I think i’m windows, but seeing how its not working, im try something else. Even if it works, will it work for a ban-list page? From SBANS?

Very nice! So you should to make an ulx integration by editing /addons/ulib/lua/ulib/server/player.lua file. (addban and unban).

Can you still add people to groups within ULX on the server?

If you do add people to groups within ULX on the server, do they get added to the group on SourceBans?

Updated 0.1.3a is out.

• Fixed sm_rehash not working (On the source bans website when you make changes)
  • Fixed admin that change group dosent change ulx group

if you need to reload/refresh your admins on the server live, just use sm_rehash in the server console.

• Enjoy

Do you need Source Mod for this?
I’d assume you do. If so does anyone have a download link? I can’t seem to find it.