ULX/ULib DarkRP menu problem.

I’m working on starting up a DarkRP server and I have everything working but one thing is annoying me.
I try typing “ulx menu” in console (Or by pressing b my bind for ulx menu) and I get this error in console.

Invalid command entered. If you need help, please type “ulx help” in your console.

But when I type “!menu” in chat the menu works. I don’t get any lua errors except one that only happens when the server starts and it’s something todo with the motd which actually works fine.

Lua Error:

[|r-G| BobKATT-z10 #Oh.|3|STEAM_0:0:6724743] Lua Error:

[ERROR] addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/cl/motdmenu.lua:65: attempt to call field ‘fileWrite’ (a nil value)

1. fn - addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/cl/motdmenu.lua:65
  2. func - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/client/cl_util.lua:22
    3. unknown - lua/includes/modules/net.lua:31

The bind for ULX Menu is, bind <key> “ulx menu”

Yes, I know that I have bind b “ulx menu” but it says “Invalid command entered. If you need help, please type “ulx help” in your console.” whenever I press B

You must not have installed it right or something because mine works just fine, try re-installing it, maybe that will work.

You edited it and broke it. I checked my ulx svn fresh install (no edits) and addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/cl/motdmenu.lua doesnt go for 65 lines, it goes for 47. You wrote something wrong AND/OR downloaded a very old copy I assume?

I’m going to try that but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. I copied the exact files from my TTT server that works perfectly.

[editline]18th July 2013[/editline]

I added extra tabs and urls to the MOTD so that is why it’s more than 47 lines.
I forgot to extract ulx_motd to the /garrysmod/data folder.

Well, found the problem. The menu isn’t working on my server right now, it was working fine but now it isn’t so i’m going to re-install ulx on everything but I have alot of modified files and I don’t want to lose those. How do I get around that?

Ok, problem solved. It was only clientside not serverside but thanks for your help.