ULX v3.40 -- Advanced Admin Mod

[release]**Current version:

DOWNLOAD: http://ulyssesmod.net/
Join the ULX steam community!
:siren:Be sure you download ULib as well, as ULX depends on it.
:siren:If you happen to find any bugs, we’d appreciate your assistance in reporting them to us at http://ulyssesmod.net/bugs/.
http://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but04.gif
(We’ll love you forever if you donate! We need to eat too :))
[/release]

[release]

**Why should you use ULX?**

Our history and reputation:

[ul][li]ULX, besides being the oldest and most mature admin mod, is the oldest and most mature lua script still in use. The first version of ULX was released days after GM9.[/li][li]The team lead, Megiddo, has been producing mods for garrysmod since January of 2005 with the release of what would become UGM (which sadly isn’t around anymore). This was the first mod ever made for garrysmod.[/li][li]If the time ULX has been around isn’t enough, it’s also based upon AMXX, a very popular admin mod for HL1. AMXX has a huge user base and has been refined to be the perfect tool for any HL1 mod.[/li][li]Our developers focus on making ULX as dependable and as bug-free as humanly possible. Any bug you find and report to us is fixed in the next version of ULX.[/li][li]Community backing. Ulyssesmod.net has 2000+ members and 14000+ posts.[/li][/ul]
Features in ULX:[ul][li]Huge command list. Look below to see them all![/li]
[li]Designed to work well with all ranges of servers. Whether you’re a casual weekend server or a 64-player server, ULX will find a home in your heart.[/li][li]Autocomplete. This is one you’ll have to try yourself to fully realize its potential. If you type "ulx " at a client’s console, you’ll get a list of commands you have access to which narrow down as you type in more characters. After that, it will help you find a target for your command or show you the full syntax. It will also list maps on your server if you type "ulx map ". It can’t get any easier! We are the first and only lua mod to use this feature.[/li][li]Fully compatible to be used from a dedicated server console.[/li][li]No hard coded groups or accesses. You decide how you want your group and accesses setup.[/li][li]Plays nice with other mods. Unless another mod changes the default gmod library, ULX shouldn’t conflict with anything.[/li][li]Plays nice with other gamemodes. ULX does not actively change gameplay, so it should be compatible with all gamemodes.[/li][li]Supplements gmod’s default admin library. This means that scripts will pick up ULX admins without specifically being designed to do so (thanks to ULib!). It should be noted that it does this in such a way that it won’t break other mods.[/li][li]Also reads admins from garry’s default admin file. This is currently the recommended way to add users if you want to add them from a file.[/li][li]HTML Message of the Day. This pops up in a stylish window when players join. This is completely configurable. You can also offer downloads to your model packs from here. See below for a picture of the default MOTD. You can also turn this off.[/li]
[li]Chat spam protection.[/li][li]Welcome message. In the event you don’t like using the MOTD, you can greet players from this.[/li][li]A fully featured, completely configurable logging system. Logs player chats, joins, parts, deaths/kills, spawns, admins actions, etc. As an extension to the spawn logging, you can aslo echo player spawns to connected admins so they can catch spammers.[/li][li]Admin actions echoed to the players on the server. You have three options: Off, anonymous, and full. Full looks like “(ADMIN) Foo slapped Bob with 0 damage”, anonymous looks like “(ADMIN) slapped Bob with 0 damage”.[/li][li]Everything that’s logged to a file is also echoed to the server console in the event you like to watch what’s going on from there.[/li][li]Reserved slots. We also take advantage of sv_maxvisibleplayers if you enable the feature.[/li][li]Forced downloads. You can push extra resources like models and sounds to the player via ULX.[/li][li]Adverts! You can configure adverts to show either in the center of the screen or in the player chat area.[/li][li]Admins can physgun other players.[/li]
[/ul]

Media:

Thanks for making this movie for us mblunk!
[/release]

[release]**

Command List

We promised a huge command list. We trust you won’t be disappointed!

This output is taken from the command “ulx help” from a user with full access (or dedicated console).

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1600/ulxhelpdu1.jpg
[/release]

[release]**

Relevant pictures

Main Menu
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6262/ulx1ul3.jpg

Admin Menu
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/834/ulx2dw0.jpg

Ban Menu
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2980/ulx3oy9.jpg

Ban Menu Detailed (when you click on the ‘x’)
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4418/ulx4ai1.jpg

Client Menu
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4764/ulx5tw7.jpg

Maps Menu
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8083/ulx6lm0.jpg

ULX MOTD
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5220/ulx7ug7.jpg
[/release]

[release]**

Some of our other works you'll want to know about (they work great with ULX!)

Everything here is also on our release forum, so make sure you check it out![ul][li]UPS - Ulysses Prop Share. An extremely lightweight yet flexible prop protector.[/li][li]Uclip - A noclip alternative. Players can’t noclip through the world or through other peoples’ props.[/li][li]Uppl - Restrict props on a per-model basis.[/li]
[li]UTeam - Sets users’ team based on their usergroup and sets colors for teams (IE, set superadmins to their own “godly” group. This works great with sui_scoreboard so can see team colors)[/li][li]Ucctv - UccTV lets you spectate all your players on your server simultaneously. It splits your screen up into however many views you want and you get a real-time monitor of the players![/li][li]UBan (requires ULX) - Ban players across multiple servers using a centralized database.[/li][li]sui_scoreboard - Not technically one of our works, but this is one you just have to try out! Completely re-done scoreboard that just looks amazing.[/li][/ul]
[/release]

[release]**

Help me! It's not working!

If you don’t have access to your server console, we can’t help you! Please make a test install on a server you can access first.

Want to know how to copy text from console? Read here

You need to follow the directions for your problem in order. Do not skip a step or you’ll probably be ignored.

ULX isn’t running, it says ulx is an unknown command.[ul][li]Have you restarted the server? Garrysmod requires a full server restart (not just a map change!) in order to detect new addons.[/li][li]Make sure you properly installed both ULib and ULX on your server. It doesn’t do any good if you install them on your client, and ULX won’t run without ULib.[/li][li]You should have a directory structure of garrysmod/addons/ulx/info.txt and garrysmod/addons/ulib/info.txt.[/li][li]Check server console on map start. Do you see the ULX and ULib loading blocks? If not you installed it improperly.[/li][li]Are there errors in the ULX and ULib loading block? Post them on the thread and we’ll try to help you further![/li][li]If and only if your problem was due to something on our end, please report the bug to us here[/li][/ul]

I’m having trouble adding myself or another as an admin.
[ul][li]First look at this video tutorial. The syntax for “ulx adduser” can be seen by typing “ulx adduser” and nothing else into the console, or you can read here[/li][li]If you still have questions read this. This thread asks for information, so don’t reply without the information saying you read it and you’re still having problems, we will ignore you.[/li][/ul]
How do I unban someone?
Read this.

What files do I need to add to script enforcer?
The files are listed here.

How can I uninstall ULib/ULX?
Simply remove the folders from addons.
[/release]

Awesome!

Cool. Too bad I jumped off the ULX bandawagon a long time ago, though.

None of the player management commands work… Is there a plugin I’m missing?

Jazzy, any message in console, such as an error or the forced ‘you must read the “ulx usermanagementhelp” first’ message?

Does this version have the ability to restrict a certain tool to a specific rank? I really need to restrict advanced dupe to guests because my server keeps getting nuked on darkrp :(.

You want URestrict, I believe. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to prevent prop spamming with this or UPS?

No, see the ASpam module at the Ulyssesmod releases section.

URestrict can also be obtained there.
Jay, the newest member of our team, wrote ASpam before joining, and is currently working with URestrict also.

Thanks! I couldn’t believe how much trouble I was having finding something as simple as this, and it’s even nicer that it goes right with ULX.

I’ve been using ULX since i’ve got my server, the admin is easy & great!
I’m just wondering, is there a command to make for ex. the keypad_cracker admin/superadmin only?
So people can use it if an admin spawns it, but not being enable to spawn it from the q-menu.
I mean like, weapons, tools, sents in the q-menu.

BlueYoshi.

I think you’re looking for URestrict.

The ban list likes to cause overflows and break banning around 300+ bans.

If you have over 300 bans, you should start questioning how your admins handle the server.

Can you send me your bans file? (data/ulib/bans.txt I think) My email address should be listed in my profile.

Edit: Nevermind, email’s not in my profile. It’s just my username here on the forums at ulyssesmod.net.

@@lol@@@[@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@ lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@l ol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lo l@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol @@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@ @@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@ @@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@
@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@ lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@l ol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lo l@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol @@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@
@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@
@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@@@lol@@
@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@
@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@
@@lol@@@[@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@ lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@l ol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lo l@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol @@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@ @@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@ @@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@
@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@ lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@l ol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lo l@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol @@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@
@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@ @@lol@@@[@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@ lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@l ol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lo l@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol @@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@ @@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@ @@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@
@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@ @@lol@@@[@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@ lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@l ol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lo l@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol @@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@ @@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@ @@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@ @lol@@
@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@@lol@@@