Unable to connect; File in use

Whenever I try to connect to an online server, I get the message “Unable to connect. Your steam account has been used to log in to another location.” I’ve restarted Steam, reset my password, restarted the computer, checked to make sure Steam isn’t on anywhere else… Even reinstalled Garry’s Mod several times. In the end it boiled down to this simple problem; The garrysmod folder at C:/program files/steam/steamapps/USERNAME/ is being used by another program. I’ve deleted everything in the folder, but the folder itself refuses to be deleted. Any help?

There’s a program called unlocker that should fix this. I can’t get the link though because I’m on my phone. Search it on google it should be first or second result. Also welcome to Facepunch.

Awesome, thanks! And thanks again for the welcoming, heheh. ~Insert random <3 emoticon here.~

[editline]04:29PM[/editline]

Gah, it worked for a second, but then it crashed on the loading bar. Doing it once more, though the file seems to be available. GMod can be bloody frustrating at times, neh?

[editline]04:29PM[/editline]

s to do it only when it reaches ‘Parsing Game Info’ as well… Don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

Neh, no help? ._. I still haven’t figured it out, been tinkering with it all day and got nothing.

Seems like the best thing to do would be to remove the whole garrysmod folder and let steam redownload it.

No.

Delete everything in the steam folder except from steam.exe and the steamapps folder.