After one year I decided to go back to SourceSDK. I downloaded everything what is necessery, but I have problem with game_sounds_manifest.txt file when I run HLMV from Source SDK. I don’t even have scripts folder in common/half-life 2/ep2.
I’m fighting with this since yesterday, and still have that error. It happend when Valve moved their games into SteamPipe, before that everything works fine.
- I launched each game (HL2, HL2Ep1, HL2Ep2) at least one time,
- changed/removed SteamAppId line,
- used “Reset game configurations” option in Source SDK
- verified game files many times,
- reinstalled HL2 Ep2 and Source SDK,
I tried to find solution in web, but I found nothing.