Unable to load Steam support library.* * This server will operate in LAN mode only.

i have been trying to get a server running on a linux dedicated box (command line) i have goten it to work maybe 2 times. but it always ends up giving me this error after i move the cstrike folder into the orangebox folder

• Unable to load Steam support library.*
  • This server will operate in LAN mode only.*

Any help will be appreciated

i have updated with the -verify_all command. i have deleted everything and started from scratch. but no matter what i do. i get this error now

Edit
i have also activated sv_lan and deactivated it. (does nothing) tried starting server in insecure mode. (did nothing)

double posted

Try running the Steam update.

Dont move the folder to orangebox, just copy the cstrike into orangebox folder. Then you’ll have it on both places. Try when you’ve done that.

i have updated with the -verify_all command

how do you update steam by itself with commands?

ARe you using Srsds or whatever?

4 days… 4 days i was trying to figure this out…

Thank you so much. that worked after i got rid of the segment error thing that was my original issue

Glad it helped :slight_smile:

yeah i never realized it has to be in two places… thats kind of lame XD my first issue was some missing files in the gmod/bin folder… some .so and the like…

Again thanks for your help

This issue is solved

Please lock to prevent necro bumps :stuck_out_tongue: (i almost necroed a thread or two in my search)