Unable to open GMOD/ Crashing of computer

Recently I’ve been having a lot of trouble with Garry’s Mod.

When I try to open it, it will go to the main blue screen, then freeze the game and the rest of the computer. I’ve tried reinstalling the game, deleting all .exe and .dll in the /garrysmod folder, defragging, verifying the game cache, and many other options.

One thing struck me as slightly important when trying to re-extract hl2.exe

http://puu.sh/1H4hm

any words of help are greatly appreciated.

It might also interest you to know that recently my computer was dropped from a desk about 3ft in the air, but everything else on my computer can run perfectly normally, except GMOD.

I’m really stumped, and again, any help is appreciated.

bump:

really could use help with this

I suggest reinstalling your DirectX. If that does not help… feel free to use the commands dxlevel 70 (DirectX 7), dxlevel 80 or 81 (DirectX 8), or dxlevel 90 (DirectX 9). I am not sure if I typed in the commands correct but its worth a shot.

I’ve tried that already, I haven’t tried dxlevel 90 though, I guess I’ll try that now.

He has another thread over here with everything he’s tried so far.

Bump:

This is still a problem, and it’s very important for me to be actively playing atm. So again, if you have anything that may be of service, that hasn’t been mentioned in the thread posted by Agent(Scratch), feel free to post it.

I’m willing to try anything, but if I can avoid formatting my PC for a while I will.

bump