Undo remove

How about removed entity was placed in the undo cache, so that you could undo the accidental removal of something?
It would only be there for a few undo’s, as to remove lag from keeping them in memory.

I hate it just when you’ve built something and when your gonna save it…

Pop.

Accidental delete and you rage and leave.

I’ve thought of the same idea, unfortunatly I don’t know how to make something like this, hopefully someone else does though.

Undo-ing an undo? Or in another term, Re-Doing?

I don’t know, it would be hard to have soemthing pop back into it’s original position like a recycle bin, especially if there’s an object in front of it.

On the other hand, I had my fair share of fuck-ups. I’d be glad to support it in any way :wink:

If you’re undoing a delete, you’d need to undo any props you made to stick in the way in the first place.
It’d be the same as undoing a nocollide when the props are still within eachother.

just make something that saves the position, angles, and state of an entity when it is deleted, and if you press redo, it sees where it was and if it was frozen or not, pastes it back in the right position. it would also keep track of constraints that were removed and redo them as well.

Very possible, and very useful. But would it redo the last undo + last removertool or a button to undo the last removertool and another button for undoing the last undo?

so that would be 3 buttons, undo, redo, and unremove?
or 2 buttons, undo, and replace last object undid or removed?

Very confusing. At lest for me right now.

• support

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=37713 something like this?