Updating an old add-on?

I want to update an old add-on of mine with a couple more props that people requested, and maybe a fix or two. It would be easy to make a complete new add-on with a new spawn menu containing all these new items, but I don’t want to clog up people’s spawn lists with another add-on every time I add a couple things.

Now, it occurred to me that I could just re-upload the updated add-on to garrysmod.org and update the post to version 1.1 or some such, but that raises the issue of updating the existing spawnlist. In the past, updating an existing spawnlist has entailed deleting the text file containing its data in the garrysmod/settings/spawnlist folder, meaning if I just updated the add-on, this step would still be required for anyone that had already downloaded it if they wanted the new content, and it seems a little rude to add steps to what should be a seamless process.

So, is there any way to update an existing spawn list other than the aforementioned deletion?

You’re best off just releasing the new one and telling people to delete the old one. It’s less of a headache for you, and it would be their own damn fault for not listening to you if their spawn menus get screwed up.