My friends and I got sick of one bad experience after another on other servers, so we decided to start our own.
Some problems we had in just 4 weeks of play:
- Admins spawning themselves c4, randomly teleporting players, and kick/banning people who raided them
- Unscheduled Wipes, a map wipe without player wipe (seriously, wtf?)
- Admins trying to compensate for mistakes by giving all online players planks and metal
- Servers with intense player rubber-banding, mobs that seemed to teleport
- Griefers (removing stairs and placing ceilings)
Some awesome things I experienced:
- Our group of 3 being raided by 6-7 guys in kevlar and fighting them off including keeping a few backpacks
- Building an 11 story staircase to raid an 11 story building, and discovering it didn’t have a roof :-p
- Coming back online to an empty house full of beans in every loot container
So we get more from list B and less from list A, here’s the server config/rules/mods:
- No unscheduled wipes - We plan to announce wipes weeks in advance, barring unforeseen circumstances like major game updates releasing.
- PvP-Centric - There’s no real rules regarding how PvP situations are handled. If you’re naked, don’t approach people with weapons.
- Ownership Removal - Hit your building components with a pick axe to remove them. Also helps with many types of griefers
- No Admin Abuse - period.
- No Fall Damage - Fall damage slows down the game, and we all think the game is better without it (as it currently works). If you agree, come here first!
- /location - Because trying to find your friends when you’re new isn’t that much fun.
- Players start with a stone hatchet, because hitting stuff with a rock isn’t fun.
- 25% craft - Waiting 20 minutes for base materials is lame.
- We support group and solo play - admins won’t punish you for being successful.
- Server located in Dallas in a top end datacenter - good pings to US/CAN/MEX.
Here’s the toprustservers listing: http://www.toprustservers.com/server/9782
…and connect info: net.connect 22.214.171.124:28065
Thanks for reading!