Using Default HL2 Weapon Icons for Other (Scripted) Weapons?

Well, as a little pet project I’m attempting to create the vanilla Half-Life 2 weapons as scripted weapons for DarkRP. After doing some googling I stumbled upon this lovely piece of work, in which someone generously took the time to recreate the HL2 weapons with their own scripted base: https://code.google.com/archive/p/swep-bases/downloads

Since the HL2 weapon icons are in the game, I want to use both their killicons and weapon select icons for each weapon. However, when replacing this line of code:

--[[---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's an example weapon that you can edit
---------------------------------------------------------------------------]]
AddCSLuaFile()

if CLIENT then
	SWEP.PrintName = "AK47"
	SWEP.Author = "DarkRP Developers and <Name here>"
	SWEP.Slot = 3
	SWEP.SlotPos = 0
	SWEP.IconLetter = "b"

killicon.AddFont("weapon_ak47custom", "CSKillIcons", SWEP.IconLetter, Color(255, 80, 0, 255))
end

with

--[[---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's an example weapon that you can edit
---------------------------------------------------------------------------]]
AddCSLuaFile()

if CLIENT then
    SWEP.PrintName = ".357 Magnum"
    SWEP.Author = "DarkRP Developers and Andrew McWatters" --name found in the swep-bases
    SWEP.Slot = 1
    SWEP.SlotPos = 1
    SWEP.IconLetter = "."

killicon.AddFont("weapon_357custom", "HL2MPDeathType", SWEP.IconLetter, Color(255, 80, 0, 255))
end

The icon does not appear in the weapon select menu. I have not been able to test the killicon because I’ve been hosting a LAN. “weapon_357custom” is indeed the name of the folder that the shared.lua is in, and I’m pretty sure that ‘.’ is the correct character corresponding to the magnum in the font. Where am I going wrong? I have tried to do more research to no avail.

Are you using the same weapon base as your example? If not there might be another SWEP var that needs to be set to tell it to to actually use the font instead a material icon. I’ll hit the wiki now to try and find it.