VAC Banned for?

Last night I was playing Rust for around 7 hours and a hacker came and killed me, following that I got VAC banned. I restarted my PC to check for system glitches and I was still banned.

Is there a way I could contact somebody to help me?

(User was permabanned for this post ("cheater" - Orkel))

Nobody here can help you. Contact Steam support.

They won’t over-turn your ban, though. Meeting a hacker doesn’t cause VAC to ban you – it checks specifically for hacks running on your machine (not in-game behaviors or interactions with other players or whatever). Chances that it got it wrong with you are extremely, extremely low. Like, almost zero… So you’re a hacker. Here’s what you do now –

Garry is known to go to bat for players who post letters of apology, admitting to whatever software they used, and asking forgiveness. I think last time this happened, he also requested an oath to never use that software again.

That said, most people won’t admit to hacking, even if VAC got them dead to rights, and you probably won’t either.

Facepunch can’t help with VAC Bans.

They’re permanent and if you -think- you are unrighteously banned, which is very unlikely, consult steam support.

Facepunch cannot help you with Valve-Anti-Cheat bans.
As a matter of fact; nobody can help you with the little information you’ve given.

What is VAC? What does VAC do? Click this link for more information.

I’ve been banned, now what? Click this link for more information.

What else can I say though all I know is I was playing Rust fine making a base for 6 hours then I go to big rad harvesting for one hour and a hacker flies past me, kills me then I get VAC banned when I respawn.

No, you were hacking, and now you’re lying about it – like I said you would. They have a profile made regarding each VAC with Steam support, which usually contains all the evidence they need. They aren’t going to share that profile with you, though. But like I said –

*"Garry is known to go to bat for players who post letters of apology, admitting to whatever software they used, and asking forgiveness. I think last time this happened, he also requested an oath to never use that software again.

That said, most people won’t admit to hacking, even if VAC got them dead to rights, and you probably won’t either."*

Admit you hacked, write your letter, and get it over with.

I admit my friends were hacking but I was not, I know the software they used though.

If you don’t want to be killed by a hacker, next time do not type /suicide command. Simple as that.

Lol…you hacked too. Just admit it dude before you get humiliated more here.

refer to

Being around hackers doesn’t trigger VAC. It scans your system for third party software that makes changes to your game.

Steam support will only unban you if there’s been a mistake on their end, but from what you’ve wrote here it just looks like your grabbing at straws.

If I would have been VAC banned for every hacker I met back on the time when I played on the officials, I would be a poor man because of all the new keys I would have to buy… :v:

i can help you, please just link your steam account here so that i may unban you

Only valve can undo VAC bans. Go to steam support and create an appeal.

Stop hacking.

Vac banned for hacking. That’s what. Somewhere in the process of you getting rolled by a “hacker” you obviously got a little upset and downloaded cheats.

His steam profile:

Rust junior detectives investigating this matter now :D. Quick search didn’t reveal anything but that might be caused by him not downloading the hacks himself but getting it from his buddies

You got vac banned because you cheated.
If were banned falsely banned, you most likely would not be the only one
Vac bans will not be lifted. People say use Steam Support but odds are your ban wont be lifted
Start a new account and buy a new copy of Rust. Gday.

busted

Hey good news! I just found out that it’s really easy to avoid VAC bans! Don’t cheat, seriously, it’s as easy as that.

Good find! I found an account under the SN yolomcswag (a name he previously used on Steam) on MPGH but it hadn’t been used since late last year.