Vac Banned

Okay So i went on holiday for a week and i got home really excited to play rust But it says that i was vac banned I got a message from steam saying that my computer has been logged on in a difrent location im not sure what to do I really loved Playing rust

If I were you, I’d call 911…now.

Did you sign into steam while on holiday? That would trigger the warning. As for your VAC ban, either you or someone using your account was hacking. The ban is irreversible I’m afraid so you’ll have to deal with it or buy the game again on a new account.

Did you disable Steam Guard?

You can file an appeal with Steam Support, but be aware that you’re responsible for your account so even if someone compromised your account and got into it, and used Rust hacks, it’s still on you, so don’t try for that excuse as a reason to overturn.

Mow a lawn and you can buy the game again and this time dont cheat… I learned from my mistakes you should learn from yours too.

At the rate these threads pop up I swear these guys are trolling. Or, maybe they are just dumb…

They could at least be more creative.

So let’s all assume he totally was cheating and he should pay for it.

How do any of us know he was actually cheating, or someone accessed his account and was cheating, if he doesn’t even know that, how do you?

Try to repeal it to Steam and look into what happened a bit more.

He got VAC banned, which pretty much only happens when you cheat these days. If it didn’t happen he wouldn’t be here.

Keeping your password safe is your job not valves. How do we know he didn’t? We don’t know nor should care.

Well he got banned for cheating, so that’s an indication that some cheating was occuring on that account. After that it’s a matter of either he’s lying and was cheating on his own account, or he’s telling the truth and someone else got onto his account and started cheating. Either way FP isn’t going to reverse a VAC ban, so posting here won’t help him.

ultimately, thats what boggles.

why the fudge would facepunch care? they don’t control VAC.

this is so clearly not the board for VAC un-bans or whatever.

also, just stop cheating.

Despite the fact that the OP didn’t ask for it to be overturned or anything of the sort, I have a feeling I know how this is gonna turn out…

Only thing you can do is contact Valve with regards to your VAC ban. The game is made by Facepunch Studios, yes but they have no authority over Valve Anti Cheat(VAC). Also, on the off chance your account really did get compromised, you might want to enable SteamGuard, unless the E-Mail account tied to your Steam account has some stupidly easily to guess password.

May you post a link to your steam account?

Well, either he was cheating or didn’t secure his account. Both is stupid and he has to learn from it. If somebody other really has overtaken his account (unlikely as the one overtaking didn’t change the password) here some tipps:

• Use hard passwords (upper and lowercase characters, numbers and special characters, the longer the better (at least 8 characters)).
  • Don’t use the same password for your steam account and your e-mail account.
  • Don’t disable Steam Guard.
  • Don’t let your browser or Steam (or anything other) save your password.
  • Don’t tell your password to everyone.
  • Use a secure OS or antivirus programs (no, windows is not a secure OS!).

This lession costs you $20 - you already payd them.

I’d love to believe that everyone’s account got hacked while they totally didn’t even have access to their computer…if not for the fact that time and time again the people who proclaim this tale of woe have been proven beyond a doubt that they were in fact dirty, lying haxxors.

In fact, just yesterday there was a guy claiming he was VAC banned and hadn’t even been on his computer for 4 days! Let’s recap how that went down:

And that’s why people tend not to believe people who say they were “on vacation” or haven’t “used [my] computer in X days!”

How can i get more creative when it wasnt my fault?
And because i get banend doesnt mean i cheated there is alot of people out there so So blame it on me
And i actually did go on a holiday my Sister just passed away so dont be a fucking dick about everything and Just think im lieing some times people out there do shit that wasnt them so dont fucking blame me you stupid retards

Can you at least tell us your steam account name so we ~internet detectives~ can ~track down the culprit~?

Spikez01
Im Not vac Banned from any of my other Games
So why would i cheat on this one

“Another” guy from Australia… Interesting… :wink: