VAC mass kicking people on my server?

Hey guys! For some reason my server at times has been mass kicking players, about 10 at a time, from my server with this reason:

I’m not sure if it’s a mod I added that is conflicting or something, and my appolgies if this is the wrong section I didn’t really know where else to put it. If anyone has any ideas on how I can fix this I’d greatly appreciate it! :smiley:

I don’t know anything about the reasons or how to fix it, but that error message suggests that, because it can’t reach VAC (VAC does go down sometimes), it’s defaulting to assuming positives. Because it can’t check if any single player for VAC records, it assumes the worst when it runs a check attempt on someone. Maybe VAC checks a bunch at once, Valve makes a point of not discussing how VAC works to make it harder to avoid.

I don’t know if pessimistic mode is normal for VAC, if that’s the problem.

As you can see, the server has to connect to Steam servers to activate VAC. What happens in your server?

You might as well just disable vac, it does nothing and if the VAC servers go down it prevents players from joining. The only “useful” thing VAC does it prevent players who have pirated gmod from joining (not even sure if that’s true anymore)

Also that message may be fake, the top of the message has “%d %d” which would only show because of a coding error.

This happens when the server/client isn’t connected to steam. Well that’s what happens to me.

I just disabled it. We’ll see if that works. I mean it’s not a big deal is it? GMod uses GAC I think.

Yea I got have this problem too on my server I just restarted the Steam its was cuze Steam just kicked users from Steam server I have no idea why