Vanilla props?

What are they? I see this term everywhere in this section.

Vanilla is the standard, or as to say, basic taste of ice cream.
Vanilla props in garrysmod basically refers to the standard halflife2 props and sometimes models from other games, such as counterstrike, but mainly the halflife 2 models you get when buying the game.

Vanilla props are the default props that came with gmod, meaning no custom model packs.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF Ninja’d

Well, it doesn’t have to just be HL2 standard props, most of phx and sb has moved its way into the “vanilla” category. Anything overused becomes bland.

Well. The point is basically that : 1. Almost everyone can see it. 2. It’s detailed unlike phx.

Sure, a well executed phx contraption can look just as good or even better but it’s generally easier to make stuff good with vanilla props.

Ok. thats what i thought, and i know that vanilla is the basic taste of icecream. :downs:

Not really. The PHX and SB props are still pretty alienated; the term ‘vanilla’ still mostly relates to the props you get with half-life 2. That is because the category ‘vanilla’ usually means that it’s not a flat, undetailed prop. Vanilla is generally harder to build with due to lack of any standard shape or size.

But look much better when done properly. I’d rather see a small car that’s well made with vanilla props than some gigantic MEGABATTLECRUISER WITH LAZERS AND STUFF phx monstrosity.

vanilla poop is when you shit into an icecream cone and then eat it.

I disagree with that cause it won’t taste like vanilla :frowning:

What, no for the love of God, stop. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUH FUH FUFFFF spit spit spit F

PHX has its own little category. And SBMP is mostly shunned, for several reasons.

Refer to Posts 2 & 3.

[editline]08:11AM[/editline]

:munch: